Thread: My horn is still great... but my carburetor isn't!

Threaded View

Since you have the F head those are correct. KW has new bolts and the second link you have is for New Old Stock. If you would have had an L head however, never use a bolt.

NEVER use head bolts on a L134. This mistake is made so many times I cant tell you. The primary reason for most blown head gaskets on a L134. The studs used on the 134 are specific in thread length particularly into the block. They need to be screwed in by hand and left LOOSE. The head is then dropped on and you run the studs down FINGER tight, until they bottom. Then they are torqued in sequence. When blots are used the shank at the top can and usually does, bottom before the threads draw up the head. The studs are the best clamping method we have for cylinder heads. Studded heads are the best method we have today for attaching a cylinder head. I have not seen any bolts that have the correct thread and shank to work without at least washers and checking to be sure it does not bottom out and there is enough thread engaged in the head. I have now scrapped and fixed several blocks of different types including my L134 Willys motors, that were ruined by the bolt bottoming and cracking the block. Many head gaskets have blown multiple times because of incorrect torque on the head.

https://www.kaiserwillys.com/vehicle...gine/stud-kits

Had to go on, on this one Jeff. I cant tell you haw many times people make this mistake. The bolts aren't a modern make it better thing for the L head, just the opposite, they are a step back. Faster not better. The reason most modern production engines use bolts is primarily speed of assembly.
    Last edited by bmorgil; 06-03-2021 at 07:00 AM.