Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1953 M38A1 differential setup

Some things would be easier to watch on YouTube than ask about but internet in this area is really bad. I am stuck using cellular with a data cap in an area with erratic service. One of the power companies has been talking about installing fiber optic cable on their poles for a couple of years but so far it has been more talk than work and it isn’t the company that supplies my house.
    Jeff
    '51 CJ3A
    '47 CJ2A

In the 1980's and 90's I participated in many videos and manuals full of pictures and process. I would completely rebuild products while the video team taped. Then they would edit this (without my mistakes) into technical videos and service manuals. Then as we moved into the digital age, most of this was archived and lost. Everything new was about "New". Digital storage was huge and costly. Since then I have not seen many of those early videos again. It would be nice to find old videos people have done and have them on a disc so we could watch them without the internet. Sadly it seems a lot of that old technical training stuff is gone.

It’s hard to believe memory was $1.00 per megabyte not that long ago. My first “BIG” hard drive was 250MB and cost me $250. Now you can buy a 250GB drive for under $30. Digital video quality was horrible compared to today’s standards because of the storage issues. I agree, we have lost a lot during the switch to digital. Maybe the videos will surface again and someone will convert them.
    Jeff
    '51 CJ3A
    '47 CJ2A

Vintage government transmission video.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fw_VBiTntq8

Hahaha! A classic, what did he say?

Side fumbling, axial wain shaft, or dingle arm? Lotus gram meter….

I don't know what any of those words mean