Thread: My hot mess, Dad's old CJ-5

My hot mess, Dad's old CJ-5

After years of requests to rescue my Dad's 1967 CJ-5, he finally let me take her.

I knew that she had sat in his garage for nearly 20 years untouched, but what I found was more unnerving. My father had attempted a number of repairs and none were completed. Pieces of the drivetrain, electrical and body were dispersed in his garage. I gathered everything I could find, but have already found that plenty is missing.

Almost every major system needs a thorough overhaul. Engine, drivetrain, brakes, fuel and electrical all need serious attention. I love this Jeep and will post on all the steps I undergo to get her back on and off road.

I have read many posts thus far and have seen how knowledgeable and helpful the forum members are and hope to leverage your expertise. Allow me to thank you all in advance as I start this fun and epic journey.

-David

Welcome Davide!

We are sure glad to have you with us, and we look forward to watching your progress on your '67. We will be glad to help on anything you may need. Please post some pictures so we can get a better understanding to where you are, and where you are going.

We love spending your money! Just kidding David, we will definitely help if we can. This is a great forum to have in your repair manual.
    Last edited by bmorgil; 06-08-2021 at 06:26 AM.

Thanks guys, that's much appreciated. And yes, I have already started draining my wallet at kaiserwillys.com

I will start a new restoration thread, post some pics and let the questions run wild. Bob, you will be the first on my list with some pics of the steering knuckle.

Welcome David!!!
    You came to the right place for ANY questions you have, and don't be afraid to ask they will always tell you "there is no such thing as a dumb question".
    There is nothing Larrbeard, gmwillys or bmorgil can't figure out, and if they don't know the exact answer they will find it but most of the time they have been there and done it.
    Please keep everyone updated with pictures along your "money pit journey"

I have noticed that my profile pic does not show on any of my posts (at least from my view), yet it exists when I look at "my profile" settings. Is this normal?

I also have 3 pics from my initial restoration post that just have text saying "attachment ####" and the image is not displayed. The pics were there for the first day, but changed to the text format afterward. Any thoughts on that one?

Not sure what is going on with your pic's. Here is the posting of how to on pic's.

https://willysjeepforum.kaiserwillys...re-in-a-thread

On your profile picture there is no URL for your image posted or the upload from your computer didn't take. I can also see it on your profile when I view it. I do not show an Avitar has been picked by you.
    Last edited by bmorgil; 06-19-2021 at 08:44 AM.

Thanks Bob. I didn't realize that I needed to set the avatar in order to display.

I will most likely start an album that I can keep everything in and let folks see progress as it goes along.