Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot mess, a 1967 CJ-5 restoration

The "Don't do this" list

Here was a post from Ira while he was building his M38A, Magoo.....

He lost a fight with a small grinder.

I really miss that old coot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The forum isn't the same without Ira giving updates, and telling stories of his adventures.

New stories and new adventures like davide's will keep us going!

Oh, I missed all of this while taking some time to heal...
    Today I finally decided enough was enough. My fingers aren't really healed, but that's why nitrile gloves are made. So I got back at it and started cleaning the valve covers. I'll cover that a little later because I have an adventure story to tell.

I have done the Rubicon trail before and last week was no exception. What I didn't know about my timing was that the annual Jeep Jamboree was going on during my trip. I got to witness it finally and greeted all 180+ of them as they passed on by. It was mostly all new models with the latest bells and whistles bolted on, but there were some old Willys there too! I took a lot of pictures and a few videos, mostly of the Willys and some early AMC CJ's. I'll most likely create an album and link it to my profile unless there is another spot you would like it to go. Did any of you go??

Hey, I just noticed a Willys Gallery and I am the only one with pics in it (thanks whoever did that). I'll upload a bunch more throughout my project and add a new gallery with the Jamboree pics.

Great to hear you are on the mend davide! The Rubicon is an awesome run. I was deeply involved in vehicles that ran the Rubicon when I lived in Sacramento. Quite a ride up through there. I cant wait to see those pictures.

The Gallery is a little clunky to use but, there are a few Member Albums out there. To see a Members Album you have to go to their profile. For someone to see your pictures they would click on your name in a post, from there click profile, and then under Albums click more. https://willysjeepforum.kaiserwillys...bum.php?u=9534

The Ladies who run the forum were working on this. It going to be fixed someday!
    Last edited by bmorgil; 07-21-2023 at 06:53 AM.

I lived in Marysville for many years and had no idea I was that close to the trail until after I sold my ‘69 Bronco and was down to a small 2wd pickup and a street bike.
    Jeff
    '51 CJ3A
    '47 CJ2A

Very beautiful around there Jeff. You would have had to drag me away.

It's funny that we have a bunch of ex-Cali guys here. I lived most of my life in San Jose. Got tired of the craziness there and moved the family to Washington 12 years ago. We're looking to move again as the craziness from Seattle is making it's way towards us.

I have most of the Rubicon pics off my phone and into a folder to upload from my laptop. I'll let you know when they are in the gallery. I'm also gathering my pics from the 2021 trip I did and will post those too.

In the meantime, I have my bracket clamped on the new battery tray and found another friend who has a welder to help me out. The first one I had lined up sold his house and has moved away.
    IMG_2556.jpg IMG_2557.jpg

It also turns out that he has a sand blaster and I am thinking about cleaning up the valve covers. Someone painted them black and I would like to have them the Buick blue they originally were. Hopefully, I can get this done over the weekend...
    IMG_2558.jpg

I spent 8 years long ago living in the Bay Area, San Diego and Sacramento. I love all the states in America. We all have our favorites. It is a shame when crazies and the cost of living drive you away. I have a favorite spot all over this country!

Battery tray is looking right. Those valve covers are in good shape. They should turn out good.