Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Hot mess, a 1967 CJ-5 restoration

David,

We are glad to have you back, but our prayers are with you and your family.

Glad you are back David! I think your attempt at activating the switch might be your issue. It is a very small passage that opens to the diaphragm to activate the switch. Here is a link that may shed a "little light" on the switch. You might do better rigging up an air fitting and giving it some air pressure to test it.

https://www.sw-em.com/hydraulic%20br...es%20notes.htm

Man it is Cold here!

Bmorgil, great find on the brake light switch breakdown. I was trying to think of how to explain the way it's supposed to work, but was drawing a blank.

Welcome back David and so sorry to hear about your father
    I know exactly what your talking about cleaning out the house, we just moved my In-Laws into a Independent Living Facility in Hudson and we’re in the midst of cleaning out their accumulated Junk of 65 years together and being 85 and 92 it is a battle to say the least!!!
    Folks that lived through the Great Depression Do Not Get Rid of ANYTHING!!!!!

Right On gm about Bmorgils switch illustration, never knew exactly how they worked but now I do!!!

I had to jump in here to comment since I guess there are a lot of us in this same boat! I spent last year, from April through October going through my parents house that they had occupied for over 60 years after moving them out to a senior apartment complex near my home. TJ is right, they never threw much out. My Dad was especially bad, so going through his garage took forever, it seemed. However, I did find some items for my 61 CJ5 that he had stashed away that will come in handy during my rebuild. Because of my efforts to clear my folks' place out, my work on my Jeep sort of ground to a halt. However, I'm getting things going once again and hope to be posting on my progress soon.

By the way, Davide, I love seeing and reading your posts. Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress.

One of the great things about this forum is that we can wander all over the place with comments and discussions as long as we stay out of politics, culture and stuff like that - just so there is something "Jeep" somewhere in the thread. Glad to have you back and yep - it's dern cold here in NE Windiana

Lovin' all this talk about parents leaving their Sh$# behind! Hahahaha! Guaranteed it is going to happen. and just to make this legitimate for LarrBeard.... Jeep!

Welcome back David!

So sorry to hear about you Dad. Hope you and your family are okay.

Glad to hear your back to working on the CJ! Looking forward to more updates!!

"... just to make this legitimate...'

I remember the days when Ira would talk about guns, dogs, radios, hurricanes and gas thieves - and on occasion - Viet Nam.. We manage to entertain ourselves nicely.

I miss Ira.

Since my folks are still able to, they are slowly selling off their hoards of too much to mention items. They might as well enjoy the money they make and have a good time doing what they want while they still can.