Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a fuel pump block off plate

Looking for a fuel pump block off plate

Hello, i have a 1952 CJ3A with the flathead 4cyl engine. i removed the fuel pump and i am replacing it with a elec cube pump. Where can i find a fuel pump block off plate for it. Thanks for any help!

You could try an early Chevrolet style. A local machine shop would crank you one out pretty quick. A flat piece of 1/8" aluminum and a little work with a drill a saw and a file and you could fab one up fairly easy. Use a gasket for the template.

This one might work,
    https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sum-402035
    Last edited by bmorgil; 06-13-2021 at 08:30 PM.

Joseph,

As a quick and simple idea, take your old pump and cut the actuator arm off, then re-install. If you are going for a cleaned up look, then follow Bmorgil's idea of the Chevy style.

Previous owner bubba-rigged mine with a 1/4" rough cut plate with two holes and a gob of pookey ......leaked like a strainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizzard View Post
    ......leaked like a strainer.
    Hahahah Love that one! A nuther' keeper from the web page.

Interesting Terms

Quote Originally Posted by Gizzard View Post
    Previous owner bubba-rigged mine with a 1/4" rough cut plate with two holes and a gob of pookey ......leaked like a strainer.
    We are inventing a whole dictionary of new techncal terms that Jeep owners understand ...

"a gob of pookey"

Definition: An unknown substance of dubious origin that someone applied to try to either stop something leaking or hide a hole, dent or rust through. Usually attributed to Bubba and Junior working on the vehicle under the shade tree.

The education possibilities are endless around here.

I have reviewed the content as described as pookey. This is a new one. I'm not sure if "the Gizz", "that pooķey", or "leaked like a strainer" is the best add to the resto rules. Urgently mulling. "That pookey" if it was used in a sentence, might be worth the cut and paste...

Edit:

Here's my sentence... "And then The Gizz barked at old Willys, beware that glob o pookey, cause it surely leaks like a strainer up under the pump block plate they manufactured at them shady trees spot!"
    Last edited by 5JeepsAz; 06-14-2021 at 06:50 PM.

LOL....the level of bubbaness upon display in my Jeep when I acquired it demands a new and improved vocabulary to describe it.

Willys engineering processes explained;

Willys factory engineering: Use what you have on hand at that particular moment. If one spot weld is good, 30 is much better. Wood is a perfect material to stiffen up the hat channels in the floor. Side effects: Head scratching, rust repair, and spot weld cutters/drill bits.

Aftermarket engineering: A Jeep can be turned into anything you could imagine. Examples: Zamboni, trencher, front end loader, power unit, welder, paint sprayer, etc. Side effects: Where do you find parts to maintain the aftermarket piece in order to haul it around to show people a rare pile.

Barnyard engineering: When something breaks, use whatever you have on hand to fix it until the next rainy day. Suitable material for repair: Bailing wire or twine, empty beer can, raw egg, hammer, vise grip, and channel locks. Side effects: The passenger tool box is full of bailing wire, a Vise grip (that the spring is missing/broken so that they need to be reassembled one handed until you get the adjuster screw turned in enough to clamp what you are trying to hold together), and a pile of left handed yellow Jersey gloves.

Bubba engineering: Constantly doing the right things wrong. This form of despair works long enough for the next poor ******* to purchase the piece, and spend three times as much as planned in order to get things back to a resemblance of what it should have been when you purchased the project. Side effect: Financial ruin, divorce, mental breakdown, drinking excessively.