Sir: I'm no expert on the Willys tranformation during 1950, but because this vehicle was restored, I think it is more likely that the unique features are the mind child of the restorer. For example, the wiper knob on the face of the dash is where the high beam light should be and I would think the emblem is covering the original wiper knob location. Also, the instrument cluster looks very much like the wagon cluster and not the truck cluster (usually machine finish and white face instruments), I have seen this type even in late 1949 trucks. What I have learned over the years is that there were no 1949 body style, trucks, wagons, or jeepsters made in 1950 with the later 1950 engines (F134, L161) but there were some other body changes. For example, the early 1950 jeepster with the flat fenders and square instrument cluster had a different door latch, and the hood stay was changed to slide on the grill strut. The side curtain rods were also slightly different.

The change I'm most interested in is the VIN numbering. I have found, and have one, of the jeepsters that was made in 1950 but with a VIN numbering system from 1949 and after the last number said to be made. I cannot find anyone who can say for sure how many 1950 jeepster were made with the flat fender, square instrument cluster having the L134, or, L148. Because of this issue, I think the total made number may be short. Thanks.