Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upgrades and repairs, Thoughts?

It looks like there is a shop vac somewhere missing the hose and carpet attachment.

The original heater mounted to the firewall, as seen in the last photo. The hose came off the heater and branched off to two vents that are tucked up under the interior windshield trim. The trim has a relief made into it to direct air to the windshield. Yours may be different, but that's how the '63 was set up. Usually not much changed until the Wagoneer rolled out in '64.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by VTWilly View Post
    Do I have to provide the dead goat or does he bring his own?

My service manual says that a 80w or 90w (depending on the season) is the correct weight, wondering if that it outdated by today's more advanced oils?
    LarrBeard may be referenced in a movie about it. I think he was played by George Clooney. Something about staring at goats.

That is a GL4 SAE rating. GL4 is considerably thinner even though the weight number is the same. GL4 is rated differently then GL5 or traditional gear lube that you put in an axle. Here is a good conversation about "weight vs pour-ability".
    https://willysjeepforum.kaiserwillys...ox-Lubrication

Here is a better discussion on lubes. I thought I had posted this in the other section. I think I will update it.
    https://willysjeepforum.kaiserwillys...hlight=redline

Well, after sticking my head up under the dash, I do indeed have two parts that the hose hooks to in order to direct air up to the windshield. Of course whoever put the electric wiper motors in, put it up right where the hose should go and now I can't connect the hose there, I might have to make some creative adjustments. Worse case I'll just remove the vent section and let the hose blow air in the general direction, should be better than nothing and way better than what it was.