Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Southern CJ

Oh man... the wire nuts would have pushed me over the edge. You may want to dig deeper.

Apologize if this seems funny, but your description makes me think of you standing in the doorway with some parts in both fists, watchin gas leak out, look of mazement across your whole head, maybe even hair flying. Thanks for taking it so well! Lol. Perhaps the two options are one in the same. Since you have to tighten everything, maybe that actually is a nut and bolt resto!

Quote Originally Posted by 5JeepsAz View Post
    Apologize if this seems funny, but your description makes me think of you standing in the doorway with some parts in both fists, watchin gas leak out, look of mazement across your whole head, maybe even hair flying. Thanks for taking it so well! Lol. Perhaps the two options are one in the same. Since you have to tighten everything, maybe that actually is a nut and bolt resto!
    My hair, without a doubt was sticking up ... Am I the only one who feels like they're sedated or perhaps breathing in ether when they buy a new toy? I mean I heard angels singing when I bought this CJ... and now that the ether has worn off, there are no angels ... I saw NO WIRE NUTS when I was buying. As a matter of fact I was super impressed the blinkers worked.

So ... it's not all that bad. I have started removing everything that is loose and placing all the parts aside, bolts in little bins ... I removed the rear tire carrier and sold it on Market Place ... I'm going to tear out the electrical and start over. I will provide photos of the wire nuts to anyone who is interested ... AND I will send out wire nut samples upon request -- I can't believe they used wire nuts

So full disclosure, I have definitely seen wire nuts in automotive before. Always brings a tear to your eye. Its hard to take the "Electrician" out of the "Electronics" sometimes! If it works in the house.....

I think your approach is solid. It sounds like the P O has all the parts in all the right places, 90% of the battle. At least you will be disassembling a nice clean vehicle with all the parts, you will know exactly what you have when it goes back together.
    Last edited by bmorgil; 07-06-2021 at 06:00 PM.

Sounds to me like the 'rubber meets the road' type situation. Love at first site? 2nd date? My gawd it could be like meeting someone in person after you meet virtual. Whatever it is like, it is great to know you have a new project and looking forward to the build progress!

I see lots of wire nuts in cars, boats, trailers and even the occasional airplane. It is pretty crazy when it is so easy to just do the job right.
    Jeff
    '51 CJ3A
    '47 CJ2A

Wire nuts... Try the occasional light switch for an ignition switch.... Seen it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by 51 CJ3 View Post
    and even the occasional airplane
    O M G!!!! Now that would be flyin' by the seat of your pants.