Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Southern CJ

Southern CJ

Hello friends ... New Guy - Sal - in Georgia. Thanks for adding me to the forum. I've been Jeepin' since the late 80s ... Have not owned a CJ until now. Found her in my own own backyard, literally around the corner from my home. I've placed my first order and awaiting the UPS Jeep Man.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CJ_Sally; 07-02-2021 at 05:37 PM.

Welcome CJ! Order for what? That baby looks perfect.

Welcome CJ.
    THAT IS A BEAUTY for sure!!

General maintenance work! If you can believe it ... I took this old girl out on a test drive with my wife around the lake, went back to the dealer and drove out on a temp tag. It's 1968 again!

If anyone is interested in these wheels and tires please let me know ... I want a set of factory steel wheels which will probable be my next order from Mike

That is great, man! Welcome on in

Beautiful CJ

Quote Originally Posted by CJ_Sally View Post
    Hello friends ... New Guy - Sal - in Georgia. Thanks for adding me to the forum. I've been Jeepin' since the late 80s ... Have not owned a CJ until now. Found her in my own own backyard, literally around the corner from my home. I've placed my first order and awaiting the UPS Jeep Man.
    That's just about too pretty for a starting place for this bunch. We generally start with a pile of rust and work up from there!

Welcome CJ Sally!

Very nice CJ. Southern Keeps are great starting platforms for the most part. Can't wait to see more!

You could definitely start with something worse.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    You could definitely start with something worse.
    Alright ... so I see a lot of potential. Great rubber ... lots of wires ... and metal. There's metal... and parts. You definitely have parts

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    Welcome CJ Sally!

Very nice CJ. Southern Keeps are great starting platforms for the most part. Can't wait to see more!
    My wife has been telling me "The garage smells funny" ... I decided to investigate. As pretty as this CJ5 is, it has some problems... Surprise!

First and foremost I believe a 5 year old may have had a hand in assembly. Looks like the previous owner took apart the entire Jeep and reassembled without tools. Everything ... I mean everything is hand tight. I am literally finding hardware laying on my garage floor and on the floor of the CJ...

The smell? Fuel leak ... there's a new fuel tank and it looks like someone decided to use rubber hose and zip ties instead of a steel line. No big deal except the fuel is leaking on the exhaust

The electrical ... ah, we don't need no stinking electrical. Couldn't figure out why I had no brake lights. Apparently they are not connected, at all. The entire harness is patched together with pieces of random wire and household wire nuts ... WIRE NUTS!

Not sure if I should just take this thing down to the frame and commit to a nut and bolt restoration OR take this thing down and put it back together correctly and then see what I have