Weekend update: First, I got the fuel line disconnected from the gas tank and removed the tank. Put my cleaner in and swished it around a bit and poured it out. The cleaner is meant to be mixed with gasoline, so I'm not worried about contaminating the tank. Nothing much came out. No sign of sludge or rust flakes, etc. Just the cleaner that turned a bit brown color. I put more cleaner in and let it sit overnight. Came out the next day and while just slightly brownish, the cleaner that poured out looked pretty good. I was pretty pleased with that. I put the tank back in the jeep and replaced the drivers seat.

Next, I drained the oil. Old oil just looked dark, no signs of contaminants or water. Refilled with clean oil.

Filled radiator with new coolant. Took about 2 gallons. No leaks apparent. Same level in radiator after 24 hours.

Disconnected all gas lines from tank to pump and pump to carburetor and sprayed carb cleaner through each line. No clogs, no gunk, everything looks good.

Removed air hose from carb and looked inside carburetor. All looked really clean. Sprayed carb cleaner all around just for the heck of it.

Removed distributor cap and inspected everything. It all looks pristine. Rotor, cap, points, condenser, all look like they are brand new. Was quite happy to see that.

Replaced spark plugs with new plugs with proper gap.

I didn't have time to remove the valve cover and lubricate things there, but other than that, I think I'm about ready to give it a try and try starting it.

I do have a couple of questions, though. When I go to start it and assuming that the starter works and it cranks the engine, would you recommend that I pour any gas or starter fluid in the carb to start, or just choke it and pump the gas pedal to get gas into the carb? Any thoughts on this?

Second, the only concerning thing so far that I've encountered is the hard stop on the brake pedal when I step on the brake. The pedal goes down about an inch and then just hits a hard stop like the pedal hit a rock. No give at all. Is it possible that the master cylinder is stuck? If the wheel cylinders were leaking, etc., I would understand the pedal going to the floor, etc., but this hard stop is weird. Any recommendations on what to look at first? I really don't want to try to do a brake job at its current location. I think I can manage to get it on a trailer without brakes, but it would be nice if I had something to help stop. What would you recommend I look at first?