Thread: Iowa Jeep

Iowa Jeep

New to the forum, recently picked up this CJ-3A. As you can see she will be a quite a project to bring back to life but I look forwards to it.

IMG_1339 2.jpg

IMG_1340 2.jpg

Welcome Specz79!!
    You’ve came the right place, all and all it’s in pretty good condition considering it’s age.

Oh that looks familiar! Love the 3A SpecZ. Man that looks like mine when I brought it home. Same paint scheme and all. It even looks like the same home! I even have that same stool on rollers. You are going to love it. Keep us posted, I cant wait to watch it morph.

I hope gm weighs in on the windshield. I have not seen a straight up windshield like that. There isn't a curve to the legs where it mounts to the cowl.

image.jpg Contest shot.jpg

Damn Bob your mezzanine looks like mine, full of all the kids stuff but mine doesnt have four wheeler tires and such it has swing sets, trampolines, electric cars, baby swings you know Grand Baby stuff and I LOVE IT but we are getting close to donating a lot of it.

A close look shows a mounting hole just at the "knee" of the fender where a curved windshield could have tied in, but that windshield looks like it started out somewhere else ...

Another of many mysteries of Old Jeeps.

It definitely had a different life before it found a new one, almost looks like it came off an old 1-2 ton truck at one time and it seems to have a lot more glass area.

Welcome Specz79.

Sorry I'm late to the party. Great looking 3A! To answer the question about the windshield, it was for a hardtop conversion. Probably a Koeing top, if I were to throw out a guess. We look forward to any questions you may have.

Yeah the windshield is defiantly a conversion somewhere in its life, the original mounting bracket holes were rather crudely welded over. I want to convert it to as much M38ish as I can, so will going back to the original windscreen. From my understanding this was a New Mexico Jeep for most of it's life so it is in pretty good shape when it comes to rust, etc. Most the repairs I need to do are age and previous owner related. Pulling the engine this weekend to crack into it and see what I have internally, then hoping to pull the tub next week to start examining the frame closer.