Thread: Sheila, so my dad and I bought a 53 willey wagon from family neighbor - need help

Sheila, so my dad and I bought a 53 willey wagon from family neighbor - need help

So my dad and I bought a 1953 willey wagon from my dads family neighbor last Saturday for $2,900. We know nothing about these. It is complete and my dad said it has no rust but we are not sure if it is 6 or 12 volt and how to start it. We live in Mission Viejo CA, would like to meet anyone in our area that knows about these. thank you
    Sheila
    Attached Images Attached Images

How fun is that? Welcome on in. Looking forward to your progress and appreciate the pictures, always.

Welcome Sheila! I don't know if we can find you a mechanic but, we sure can try to answer any questions. If you want to try to D.I.Y., we are here for you!

The easiest answer to your first question about 6 vs 12-volt? Open the hood, find the battery and count the caps. If there are three caps, it is a 6-volt; if 6 caps it is 12-volt. If there is no battery - uhhhhhh.. we'll figure it out.

See how easy that was...?