Thread: Are You Having Trouble With the Site? We Need Your Help

Are You Having Trouble With the Site? We Need Your Help

If you are having trouble with the site please post a quick description of your issues here. We will try to get some good information on the trouble so it can be addressed by Administration. Right now we don't have a grasp on all the different trouble that persons are having.

Be sure to clear your browser cache and memory, as you may have a few bad cookies stored from prior trouble.

I have reports of getting kicked out and having to log back in and reports of slow response and other weird stuff. Let me know what is happening to you and we will get the info passed on.

Bob
    Last edited by bmorgil; 10-01-2021 at 06:11 AM.

The biggest frustration I am having is logging in, I log in and try to post and the site tells me I am not logged in so you have to try and log in and a screen pops up "Thank You for Logging In" so you try and post and type everything out, hit post quick reply it shows up and kicks you off. So you log back in, try and repost your message hit post quick reply and shazam it posted twice so you hit edit and try and delete one post and it deletes both. At this point you want to either punch screen or throw your phone, so you log out close the browser and a hour later get back on (without logging in) and it shows your on line searching.
    That's when you say to yourself, self it is time to go elsewhere and find some website or forum that is running and working like it supposed too.

Perfect TJ, that's what we need. A good description of what is happening to you. I am putting together a list to send to the Administrators. Hopefully this will give the IT people something to look for.

Bob

Bmorgil,

My biggest issue is with the forum no coming up on my desk top. It takes a couple of tries to get through the firewall, to which has never been an issue before the crash. Then answering questions on the forum is a pain on all devices because if you do not do a one line response, you had better copy it before pushing submit, because the odds are that you will very well have to paste it back when you are dropped. This response took three attempts.

Good stuff guy's keep it coming. This should at least give IT something to look for. Dropping seems to be the common thing. TJ has an interesting twist where it post things twice and kicks him out but, it still shows he's logged in.

The more "quirks" we can come up with will give IT more things to test. The randomness of this might prove to be hard to pinpoint. I will give everyone some time to post problems then send it in.

If you are using Chrome

They are having some trouble with the Chrome browser on the Forum. Admin is working on it! For right now if you are having trouble, switch to a different browser. I am using Firefox without any trouble.

Firefox for the browser is the answer for sure, I’ve used Mrs Google all along but after the crash it was acting up and wouldn’t let me in. Goggle was only giving me problems on this site only, now after switching to Firefox as my browser I get right in with no problems.
    Might have to ask “Mrs Google” why that is cause everyone knows she’ll know the answer

Quote Originally Posted by TJones View Post
    The biggest frustration I am having is logging in, I log in and try to post and the site tells me I am not logged in so you have to try and log in and a screen pops up "Thank You for Logging In" so you try and post and type everything out, hit post quick reply it shows up and kicks you off. So you log back in, try and repost your message hit post quick reply and shazam it posted twice so you hit edit and try and delete one post and it deletes both. At this point you want to either punch screen or throw your phone, so you log out close the browser and a hour later get back on (without logging in) and it shows your on line searching.
    That's when you say to yourself, self it is time to go elsewhere and find some website or forum that is running and working like it supposed too.
    This happens to me also, but I have found if I just do a REFRESH, I am logged in and then can continue. I use CHROME.

Is there a way a user can adjust the forum Timeout. Seems really short and I get logged out constantly. Sometimes I can not even respond to a post and I get logged out. I know compose my post outside of the forum, and then relog back in and copy and paste my post The time is rediculously short seems like 20-25 seconds.

That timeout issue is a strange one. It happens to some and not others. I have never had it happen. I have spent over an hour poking around on a response and never had a "timeout". I know LarrBeard has had trouble and I have seen posts from others having the problem. I will contact the authorities and see if they can help. We have addressed this before to no avail. It seems to be a mystery error.

I have also found that hitting refresh solves some issues. I an using FireFox.

For a few years now the KW team has been looking at a new server. COVID slowed things down. We may be getting a new server one day. That should help with our troubles.
    Last edited by bmorgil; 07-12-2022 at 08:07 AM.