Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1958 CJ-5 going on a 1972 Chassis

1958 CJ-5 going on a 1972 Chassis

Hang on I am sure this will be an Adventure, I might be in over my head but we will see.
    I may need A LOt of help from you guys on this one!!!!

Lets go TJ! I am coming over to watch this one grow.

Well I couldn't stand not having anything to do after retiring so I started another Jeep Project.
    I sold the "Orange Crush" to a guy and he wanted me to built a Jeep for his Son out of a Jeep he bought (local to me) from a college roommate, and that is where my story/project begins.
    He bought a really Nice 58 CJ-5 with a stock F-134, T-90 and a Dana 18 transfer case that his roommates Dad restored and he wanted something with a bigger engine, power steering and better brakes on it to getter to WO better .
    So my buddy and I put our thinking caps on (Which at our ages is kinda hard to do) and came up with a BrainStorm of an idea.
    I knew a guy that had a 1972 CJ-5 (the first year at that time that AMC came out with the AMC 304 V8), we knew the tub was the same as the 58 tub, but the fenders and hood were 5"s longer. So that is where it all came to life.
    Here are some pictures of the 58 and the 72 "Donor" I'll call it, The Owner wanted to use the 58 body bc it was almost new, so we are in the midst of putting it on the 72 chassis.
    I will update you all as progress continues, I am sure that we will run into hiccups along the way but if this Forum can chime in at anytime like you all did with my Project we will getter done!!!!

Well it appears that I have to resize all my pictures and convert them jpeg format, been a while since I have posted anything7.jpeg2.jpeg7.jpeg8.jpg9.jpg

Aw man - The Orange Crush was awesome but you are on to bigger and better toys now. Working that 5-inch stretch in is going to be awesome - keep us up to date with lots of pictures of how you do it.

Well on your way TJ. That thing will be rolling soon!

44.jpg45.jpg47.jpg50.jpg59.jpg

The whole inside of the 58 tub was covered with carpet and once we pulled the carpet we found much more that needed taken out and fixed to our "OCD or ADD" liking