Page 1 of 75 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Is That A Willys Wagon?? 1956 Willys Project

Is That A Willys Wagon?? 1956 Willys Project

Starting a post to share a project I just started. Never shared my projects online but was encouraged to do so by some friends due to extent of modifications planned. This project intended for trail riding here in the Ozarks/street legal.

Body just placed on Dodge 3/4ton chassis this week. Plan is to squeeze a 4bt compound turbo/NV5600 6spd manual/271D transfer case in it. Hope to have 4bt running here in a few weeks and will try to set all this in the frame; gonna make for a short drive shaft due to length of motor/trans/case and then short wheel base designed Willys body(looking at moving rear fender opening back about 12" to help with driveline-more work).

Stay tuned for all the craziness..... hopefully ordering all the parts to put in a double triangulated enduro joint rear suspension/coil-overs today.

Here are some pics to start the post....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jbrewington; 10-16-2021 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Image incorrect rotation??

Here are some pics of Willys body moved over to ton chassis.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jbrewington; 10-16-2021 at 07:18 AM. Reason: Image incorrect rotation

Looking very good jb! I like the 4BT idea. My son recently slipped one with compound turbos into a 4 door Square Body GMC. A lot of torque there. I cant wait to watch it grow!

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    Looking very good jb! I like the 4BT idea. My son recently slipped one with compound turbos into a 4 door Square Body GMC. A lot of torque there. I cant wait to watch it grow!
    thank you my friend

Grunt work today.

Got a few hours in on the Willys project. Cut ton chassis body mounts/clean-up with grinder....

IMG_5554.jpgIMG_5555.jpgIMG_5556.jpg

Looks like a fun project there jb, can’t wait to see the finished product!!!!

Great plan of attack JB. The 4BT will be a great engine for your build! Your suspension upgrades will give you all the articulation that you could possibly need. As Bmorgil and TJ said, I'm looking forward to watching your project come together!

Any thoughts on moving the rear fender opening back about a foot?

What you guys think?

IMG_5605.jpgIMG_5603.jpgIMG_5601.jpg

I don't think I've seen one done to that extent, but I give it a thumbs up. The wagon would ride nicer with the lengthened wheel base. Then you could put a wider rear seat in if you choose to.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrewington View Post
    Any thoughts on moving the rear fender opening back about a foot?

What you guys think?

IMG_5605.jpgIMG_5603.jpgIMG_5601.jpg

Love it Jb!!!!
    Looks like you have the right shop,tools and ability to do just about anything you want to do.
    Keep us posted, looks Great!