Page 59 of 75 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: Is That A Willys Wagon?? 1956 Willys Project

Cant wait for that sound bite jb!!!

Looks like the smoke is about to roll!!!!

E4ACF1C4-6971-44D5-825C-7C65B77D92ED.jpg276ED88A-072D-4A1C-89EF-C61FA70E5757.jpg

Had a little event with power steering gear box. Gear driven hydraulic pumps DON’T play.

Oh man I hate that! Right on the new paint.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    Oh man I hate that! Right on the new paint.
    Right. Degreaser bottle broke. Pressure washer blowed fuel line shortly after starting. Water hose and some soap. I got most of it off and spent another two hours cleaning shop. Sprayed all over welders, tool boxes, wall etc etc. I made a mess of things. Did best I could, went in and sat down for 15-20, then cleaned up and went to church service for the evening.

There are the good days, and then there are the trouble days. This was a Good day, with a bad event per sa. The good was I got the 4bt up to 180degree before this hydraulic issue. Wish this website supported video uploads.

#mountainlifeoverlanding

If you don't have a leak somewhere, it wouldn't be a proper project. A few years back when I was in the engine shop, one of the new guys forgot to pull the stub shaft off the back of the transmission on a 3126 CAT. On a pre run, we would run them through their paces just to verify there were no major issues before servicing. The power pack was mounted to a build stand so it could be rolled around and run as well. Long story short, the tweaker started the pack, dropped it in gear and held the throttle wide upon as soon as the gear took hold. The drive shaft became a spinning mace of death to the entire rear portion of the pack. There was hydraulic oil dripping from the ceiling when we finally got it shut down. The transmission bell housing was cracked all the way around the bolt pattern into the case.

JB you can create a video on YouTube then share the link on here of the Ole Girl running!!

#mountainlifeoverlanding

Be sure to follow. See latest videos. Thanks.

JB are they videos on YouTube??