Page 6 of 75 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Is That A Willys Wagon?? 1956 Willys Project

I had a ragged out, pass me down Sting Ray, but loved my uncles Yellow Peeler Krate.

https://www.schwinnbikes.com/blogs/s...ray-and-krates

Quote Originally Posted by TJones View Post
    Here you go JB
    Attachment 8902
    Someone has an expensive Vortec

After looking at your shop and how meticulous you are JB I am sure yours will be just as nice as that one, you need to remember too that this is on "Bring a Trailer" and there are people from all over the world "with stupid, crazy money" bidding on these things so it doesn't really mean they are worth what they sell for

Like I said yours will be just as Sweet with a whopper of a engine in the business end of it!!!
    Keep us posted as you progress, can't wait to see her fire up

[QUOTE=TJones;18324]After looking at your shop and how meticulous you are JB I am sure yours will be just as nice as that one, you need to remember too that this is on "Bring a Trailer" and there are people from all over the world "with stupid, crazy money" bidding on these things so it doesn't really mean they are worth what they sell for

Like I said yours will be just as Sweet with a whopper of a engine in the business end of it!!!
    Keep us posted as you progress, can't wait to see her fire up

Oh, I've had it running It's just that this website will not let me upload a video clip. But thats ok. And thank you for the kind words. Also, I like 'crazy money' too. We may have to get some of that

IMG_6207.jpg

I worked on motor mounts yesterday, but the guys at work say they may not hold unless I thicken the cardboard

They are probably right JB

I posted a video on you tube of the Orange Crate after it was running JB and then copied the link and pasted the link on this site, it’s pretty simple!!
    Last edited by TJones; 12-01-2021 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jbrewington View Post
    IMG_6207.jpg

I worked on motor mounts yesterday, but the guys at work say they may not hold unless I thicken the cardboard
    Hahaha! Man that part looks familiar. The templates are key man. Nice work man!

CAD, (Cardboard Aided Design) are the bones of a good design. Four pieces Elmer's glued together is good for 100 HP, but only 25 Lbs. of torque. Might need six pieces glued together would fare better.

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    CAD, (Cardboard Aided Design) are the bones of a good design. Four pieces Elmer's glued together is good for 100 HP, but only 25 Lbs. of torque. Might need six pieces glued together would fare better.
    Love it. have to steal that line:-)

No stealing needed, use away! I borrowed it from Marcus from Australia, and his Grand Willy's project. Now there is a master craftsman metal worker.