Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Is That A Willys Wagon?? 1956 Willys Project

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    Nice! Looking clean man. I like the clutch. Is that a ceramic disc?
    yes. hope it holds up

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    Great clutch choice, and the reman transmission will work out good as well. Nice to start out with good parts.

It sounds easy to drop everything else and pick up on the wagon build again. I really only have one outside customer pending project that is better than halfway done, so that's progress. As soon as I get that out of the way, then it's time to lay block for the fabrication room of the garage-ma-hall. Then when that gets dried in, then parts for the wagon can get laid out to for installation.
    Since you are open to 'outside customers:-)', get the Garage-ma-hall done, and I will send this up for you to finish!! No problem....

Actually, I'm fortunate enough to be off all next week, so hope to get some time to work on this "whateveryouwanttocallit". Been ordering parts for weeks so now I have plenty different areas on this to offer attention.

IMG_6119 (1).jpg

Color

Asking a bunch of guys about paint isn't a great idea; ask your wife, daughter of girlfriend...

But, TJones would like that color - it's close to "The Orange Crate", but a bit more subdued.

IMG_6173.jpg

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Lots to be thankful for on my behalf. Even got a little more time to work on my project this week.

Still waiting on turbos but was able to get the new clutch installed/trans mounted, put new seal kit in transfer case, then was able to get it all matched up. That was a job.

Next up, see if it will fit in the Willy?? :-) If it will not, everything is for sale!!
    Last edited by jbrewington; 11-28-2021 at 12:54 PM.

Did I hear “For Sale” ???

And yes Larry I Love the Color!!!

That is one freeakin' gnarly power plant!

I am pretty sure you already know it's going to fit!

I'm sure he has it all figured out as far fitment. It's fun to watch this all come together.

I wish I could get ahold of a couple of the CAT 3126Es that we are in the process of demilitarizing. Some are low hours or have been overhauled. It's a damned shame, but factory support has dried up, so everything is being converted to the next generation. Just keep paying our taxes, and everything will be alright.

This is a great build for sure!

Man you hate to see good diesel motors go to waste. They cost a lot and run forever if you keep them going. Modern turbo power like this bad boy changes everything in the way they run.

Boy JB you are giving me the bug now

Cant wait to see the finished product