Page 42 of 75 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: Is That A Willys Wagon?? 1956 Willys Project

Someone is going to have a set of door handles for a long time at that price! The shipping is also outrageous.

I would wonder if there aren't a few in a junk yard somewhere that just need some TLC and a re-chrome. Larrbeard might know where some could be found. A locksmith who specializes in classic automotive might be a good source. These guys are great with locks but I don't know if they have a source for the original door locks and such. They could certainly fix up a set if you could find them.

https://lockdawg.com/classic-car-locksmith/

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    Someone is going to have a set of door handles for a long time at that price! The shipping is also outrageous.

I would wonder if there aren't a few in a junk yard somewhere that just need some TLC and a re-chrome. Larrbeard might know where some could be found. A locksmith who specializes in classic automotive might be a good source. These guys are great with locks but I don't know if they have a source for the original door locks and such. They could certainly fix up a set if you could find them.

https://lockdawg.com/classic-car-locksmith/
    Thank you for the reply. Yes, been looking around and no luck at this point; at all. Willys are not very popular here where I am at so its a road trip on mail order for anything of interest. I will keep looking though, for sure needing a set.

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    Those are few and far between. I have one that's pretty rough still attached to a spare set of doors, but no key. The set I have on our wagon actually unlock using an International Harvester tractor key. I'm not sure if it was originally that way, but the key opens the driver's door and fits the ignition too.

There is a set of N.O.S. ones on Epay, but hold on to your wallet;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153777194641
    I've seen that set on ebay; several times. but just cant justify that kind of money on a door handle, from the country of Turkey(if I remember correctly), concern with exchange rates, and last but not least-trusting that amount of money in that direction?? That's crazy money for a door handle.

I found some exotic parts at https://montanaoverland.com/.

It is the world's biggest Jeep graveyard. I don't know if the old guy who ran it is even alive any longer --- and you had better hurry before it starts snowing.

There looks like there might be a few there! Now that's a place I would like to visit. Nice find Larry!

GMWILLYS, I sent you a private message when you have time.
    Last edited by jbrewington; 09-13-2022 at 09:30 PM.

I just saw your message, and responded. I'll contact you when you are available.

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    I just saw your message, and responded. I'll contact you when you are available.
    I replied back. Thanks again.

IMG_9711.jpg

Well, got the wiring harnes and gauge PCM in place...

Now working on radiator setup??

Quote Originally Posted by jbrewington View Post
    Attachment 9831Attachment 9832Attachment 9833

I’m always thinking :-)

Dipped handles in bed liner material. Looks awesome.

Now I wish I would have took some before pics; but I didnt:-)

This is best IDEA of the week for me��
    Don’t do it. More to follow. With pics of what happened.