Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Is That A Willys Wagon?? 1956 Willys Project

Why not! Looks like a CJ with the wheels close to the front and the rear. Like gm said, it will get the most of the wheel base that's for sure. I think it is going to be one of a kind. Some fun work going on in that shop!

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    Why not! Looks like a CJ with the wheels close to the front and the rear. Like gm said, it will get the most of the wheel base that's for sure. I think it is going to be one of a kind. Some fun work going on in that shop!
    Thank you sir. Yes, looking to extend wheelbase for in and out of bad spots; little more comfortable for uphill rides with rear axle at the back? Having fun with it...

Quote Originally Posted by TJones View Post
    Love it Jb!!!!
    Looks like you have the right shop,tools and ability to do just about anything you want to do.
    Keep us posted, looks Great!
    Tools and shop; not sure on that "ability" thing? Still looking for that guy who said it would be 'easy'.

I am blessed. We have some really great times out there in the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    I don't think I've seen one done to that extent, but I give it a thumbs up. The wagon would ride nicer with the lengthened wheel base. Then you could put a wider rear seat in if you choose to.
    Hey GM, we could always cut it up for scrap if we dont like it??

Maybe it will work out. May need you to come over and educate me on some of this Seen you have a project going. You need to come get this chassis I have. Nothing wrong with it, just not my flavor. Running Super Hurricane motor

I'm certain it will work out just fine, and will be an awesome rig. I have one Heep that is as close to original as one gets, but then my wagon has been V8 converted. I like them both for their own attributes, but the wagon could stand to have a lot of improvements in drivability and handling. You'll be solving most of the quirks with your Dodge chassis, but I'm stubborn... in other words cheap. Actually, my chassis is really good all the way until through until you get to the rear frame horns. At that point they are rust pitted, and could stand a sectioning/boxing to bring back the strength, and mounting a frame mounted hitch.

I am interested in your chassis, but I have a few irons in the fire at the moment and am booked up through till February, that is unless there is a crappy weather weekend here that I can't work on my shop addition. I would surely be glad to ride out your way and see your operation, (drool at your workshop).

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    I'm certain it will work out just fine, and will be an awesome rig. I have one Heep that is as close to original as one gets, but then my wagon has been V8 converted. I like them both for their own attributes, but the wagon could stand to have a lot of improvements in drivability and handling. You'll be solving most of the quirks with your Dodge chassis, but I'm stubborn... in other words cheap. Actually, my chassis is really good all the way until through until you get to the rear frame horns. At that point they are rust pitted, and could stand a sectioning/boxing to bring back the strength, and mounting a frame mounted hitch.

I am interested in your chassis, but I have a few irons in the fire at the moment and am booked up through till February, that is unless there is a crappy weather weekend here that I can't work on my shop addition. I would surely be glad to ride out your way and see your operation, (drool at your workshop).
    Well come on :-)

Most always out in the shop doing something. Latest on Willys is the rear fenders are missing Seem the Plas Cutter make short work on chopping this rig up :-) As of tonight, shop closed for next week or so. Out of town with work a few days then come back and load up for a weekend in the RV with family and friends. But, I will get back on it soon as I can. Hope to have this thing on the road middle next year if all possible(tall order i guess)

I would like to see someone pick up that original chassis. I'm sure it usable, steering tight. Motor cranks up(I wired it to start and run after pulling the body off frame).

Alabama is just down the road.

I guess there's no turning back now ...

Might be a few weeks or so before I get this straigtened out?!?!

IMG_5605.jpgIMG_5604.jpgIMG_5608.jpgIMG_5609.jpg
    Last edited by jbrewington; 10-28-2021 at 10:05 PM.

Looks like a good start with the layout and cutting. I think it will look pretty good when you are done.

Looking like a project on its way now. The first cut so to speak!

Time for an update....

Powerplant is running. Transmission and trans case degreased.IMG_5805.jpg

Is there a way to upload a short video with this website?
    Last edited by jbrewington; 11-13-2021 at 06:24 PM.