Page 27 of 75 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Is That A Willys Wagon?? 1956 Willys Project

I am generally not a fan of tearing up an old Jeep to make it something it wasn't - mainly because most times it looks like Bubba, Junior and LeRoy started a job under the shade tree and after a case or two of Miller Light decided things were good enough.

"SMEAR SOME BONDO ON IT, PAINT IT WITH A RATTLE CAN AND LET'S GO FIND THE GURLS."

Not so here - it's grown into something a LOT more than it started out.

Fan -Damn-Tastic job....

Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
    I am generally not a fan of tearing up an old Jeep to make it something it wasn't - mainly because most times it looks like Bubba, Junior and LeRoy started a job under the shade tree and after a case or two of Miller Light decided things were good enough.

"SMEAR SOME BONDO ON IT, PAINT IT WITH A RATTLE CAN AND LET'S GO FIND THE GURLS."

Not so here - it's grown into something a LOT more than it started out.
    Yes
    Fan -Damn-Tastic job....
    Thank you sir. I plan to put the original trim down side, keep front grill original. Basically no change in bidy lines outside me relocating rear fenders.

Have a history of some off-beat designs. Couple sitting garage from days past :-)

Appreciate the feedback!!
    Last edited by jbrewington; 05-23-2022 at 10:01 AM.

03BDB8DD-4786-4C5C-8881-EB8033DD8A2B.jpg

Maybe? :-)

Ordered one of these in to put my hands on. 17” x 10”

Thoughts?

I was thinking some 24's so you could strap on some Mickey Thompson Baja Pro XS 21/58-24LT's! The 58" diameter should give you adequate ground clearance.

https://www.mickeythompsontires.com/light-truck-tires/baja-pro-xs
    Last edited by bmorgil; 07-22-2023 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    i was thinking some 24's so you could strap on some mickey thompson baja pro xs 21/58-24lt's! The 58" diameter should give you adequate ground clearance.

https://www.desertrat.com/i-23365259...ja-pro-xs.html
    heck yeah!!! And a stairway!!!

21EFD9A0-146C-41F4-B8AE-70BC879807FF.jpg

Tearing it apart. Time to blast and paint.

I just so happen to have a set of 4 BF Goodrich All Terrain 385 X 17" with only 20 miles on them. They came from my last duty station, and I dismounted them myself. They are packed in grease for the run flat rib, that will need to be pressure washed out. The tires were on a Flyer GMV, and some big wigs came for a tour and a demo ride. The driver gave them a better ride then anything at Six Flags on the asphalt skid pad. They are a bigger than what I want to shoe our wagon project, but the price was right. The wheels were true bead locks, so the tires weren't stretched at all. If you are interested, drop me a line.

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    I just so happen to have a set of 4 BF Goodrich All Terrain 385 X 17" with only 20 miles on them. They came from my last duty station, and I dismounted them myself. They are packed in grease for the run flat rib, that will need to be pressure washed out. The tires were on a Flyer GMV, and some big wigs came for a tour and a demo ride. The driver gave them a better ride then anything at Six Flags on the asphalt skid pad. They are a bigger than what I want to shoe our wagon project, but the price was right. The wheels were true bead locks, so the tires weren't stretched at all. If you are interested, drop me a line.
    I appreciate that!!! And will do.

Haven’t decided on tire yet. Been preoccupied with a welded... :-)

IMG_6514.jpgIMG_4875.jpg

Old School it says....

Old School my A#@! That bad boy is an sleeper if I ever saw one. In my "Old School" we didn't have that kind of technology that's for sure! What is trying to hide under the hood, is a far cry from the original motor.