Page 32 of 75 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Is That A Willys Wagon?? 1956 Willys Project

D32864BD-AFBC-4A42-AAC9-2B7718CA63CE.jpg212F549A-381A-4C5E-9A32-0FC33D9ADB18.jpg53BDE256-0904-4743-B385-5DADAD4D2B87.jpg

Slow progress, but it’s progress

This painting business is killin me. I want to see some color.

Painting definitely works on your patience.

I like the wheel selection. The BF Goodrich All Terrains I have on the shelf would look really good on those wheels.

Paint is a slow process, but the paint prep is the part that I loathe. Your wagon is coming along nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    I like the wheel selection. The BF Goodrich All Terrains I have on the shelf would look really good on those wheels.

Paint is a slow process, but the paint prep is the part that I loathe. Your wagon is coming along nicely.
    Thank you thank you.

Send me the details on tires mentioned. How old are they? How many miles? Size?

I just so happen to have a set of 4 BF Goodrich All Terrain 385 X 17" with only 20 miles on them. They came from my last duty station, and I dismounted them myself. They are packed in grease for the run flat rib, that will need to be pressure washed out. The tires were on a Flyer GMV, and some big wigs came for a tour and a demo ride. The driver gave them a better ride then anything at Six Flags on the asphalt skid pad. They are a bigger than what I want to shoe our wagon project, but the price was right. The wheels were true bead locks, so the tires weren't stretched at all. If you are interested, drop me a line.
    From a ways back jb. gm has lots of goodies at the ranch!

Thank you Bmorgil for finding the response. I've had them under a blanket since I brought them home a little over a year ago. If you are interested, I'll take $200 for all four. They are bigger than I want to run on my wagon, so I would rather they go to a loving home, than sit here on the shelf. The good thing about these tires are that they were mounted bon two piece wheels, so they were not stretched when mounted/dismounted.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gmwillys; 07-11-2022 at 08:04 AM.

Thank you Bmorgil for finding the response. I've had them under a blanket since I brought them home a little over a year ago. If you are interested, I'll take $200 for all four. They are bigger than I want to run on my wagon, so I would rather they go to a loving home, than sit here on the shelf. The good thing about these tires are that they were mounted bon two piece wheels, so they were not stretched when mounted/dismounted.
    Thank you both. As hard as it is to do so, I will have to pass on the tires. And so appreciative for the offer. Reason being, here in the Ozarks we need/favot agressive tread tires to get around when it is wet outside. These tires, we have seen people on slopes etc, and slide until something stops them, usually a dollar sign involved with the stop:-)

I will be going with some sort of mud terrain tire, eventually. Year 2057, when I get it going.

No problem at all. I completely understand. I figured I'd throw it out there since you were going with the 17" wheel. The last brigade we built, the Operators requested mud terrains over the all Terrains. They went with the Toyo Open Country mudders. I'm not a fan of Toyo anything, so I'm biased, but they turned a sweet driving buggy to constantly chasing the rear end back and forth at highway speeds. Again, the tires aren't really designed for a light vehicle, and asphalt, but it made some of the riders have motion sickness.

No problem at all. I completely understand. I figured I'd throw it out there since you were going with the 17" wheel. The last brigade we built, the Operators requested mud terrains over the all Terrains. They went with the Toyo Open Country mudders. I'm not a fan of Toyo anything, so I'm biased, but they turned a sweet driving buggy to constantly chasing the rear end back and forth at highway speeds. Again, the tires aren't really designed for a light vehicle, and asphalt, but it made some of the riders have motion sickness.

Thank you for the insight on Toyo MT’s. I will keep that in mind.