Page 51 of 75 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Is That A Willys Wagon?? 1956 Willys Project

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    gm, setting up the next get together. Jeep Fest August 2023? I would love to see those two next to each other. A true "Orange Crush"! If jb brings that thing to town, I will do my best to get them inside.
    Now that might be something to think about
    How far is Toledo for you jb??
    It’s just a short road trip across the turnpike for me, maybe we can talk Sr. Cheif to make the trip as well!!
    Great Idea Bmorgil!!!

JeepFest 2023

Quote Originally Posted by TJones View Post
    Now that might be something to think about
    How far is Toledo for you jb??
    It’s just a short road trip across the turnpike for me, maybe we can talk Sr. Cheif to make the trip as well!!
    Great Idea Bmorgil!!!
    I'm already thinking about it. It might just be a quick trip over for the parade, kind of a long day - but it's definitely in the thinking stage.

Get up a bit early, ease over on US 24, sneak into the parking lot at 6:30 and get in front ... we can do that!

Get up a bit early, ease over on US 24, sneak into the parking lot at 6:30 and get in front ... we can do that!

Now we’re talking!!!!
    GM are you in too???

I don't think we will need to "sneak" you anywhere Larry. If I tell them your coming, I am sure you have a spot inside or out. They know you and yours! Of course if you stayed, I could smoke a few racks of St Louis ribs.....

Only 700 miles one way:-)

Quote Originally Posted by jbrewington View Post
    Only 700 miles one way:-)
    Yikes! Thats a drive, gmwillys knows the way. The ribs will be worth it.

I’m going to let a few lightly used window seals go for free if anyone interested.

1DC8A2FC-8894-4365-88E5-19F6E7E14FED.jpgAA942204-6F08-4B7E-BA49-E79DF36E2146.jpg

700 miles is just slightly longer than from the rust ranch to Toledo, (655miles). It's a good ride though, as long as I75 is not blocked off due to an accident at the Kentucky line.

I can sure vouch for the quality of the smoked ribs. They are worth the trip alone. With Senior Chief LarrBeard leading us to the front of the parade.

The photos are from the 2021, 80th Jeep Anniversary Jeep Fest. The first picture is of T.J.'s Orange Crush, LarrBeard's Hamm's 48. The second is at the staging area in downtown Toledo, with Bmorgil's P J in the center. The third is a glimpse of the sea of mall crawlers. The last is a Willys MB that the young lady standing next to it in period dress, rebuilt herself with the help of her hubby.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gmwillys; 01-06-2023 at 03:21 AM.

Nice pics gm! The turnout for the Jeep Fest is amazing. Thousands of Jeeps and many old Willys. I will say however, I think jb's would be one of the top rigs ogled over! I haven't seen anything that would rival it yet. There are some highly modified vehicles, but none with the attention to detail as jb's and none with that unique of a powertrain. Throw in the custom monster body and I think its a show stopper.
    Last edited by bmorgil; 01-06-2023 at 07:21 AM.

Jeep Fest

The red-headed lady with the Jeep was one of the high points of the event. She has created a persona as a WWII combat photographer who is trying her best to get as close to the front lines as she can.

Her Jeep is mostly an original set of MB/GP parts and was arguably the oldest set of parts at the event. She has incorporated her husband as her "bodyguard", a scruffy looking soldier in WWII combat gear with a repro plastic M1. He wants to get out of this "chicken" assignment watching this officer and get to Berlin. His gas mask carrier is full of chocolate and silk stockings and he has plans.

Her daughter and grand-daughter are characters too; they are a couple of “orphans” she has taken under her care.

It is an unbelievable event.
    Attached Images Attached Images