Page 9 of 75 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Is That A Willys Wagon?? 1956 Willys Project

I’m with these guys JB!!!
    Job well done, this is surely not your first rodeo or fab project
    You should of seen the disaster welding project I got into yesterday when the 160 lb Rottie decided she wanted to go outside to get a piece of the Amazon delivery guys fanny and knocked over our 10’ tall Christmas tree and destroyed the tree stand.
    Needless to say the Bride had a meltdown and Dad had to take the stand out to the Garage-Ma-Hall and weld it up, which was like trying to glue a couple of pieces of cardboard together
    Thank God for tree skirts around the bottom
    Last edited by TJones; 12-20-2021 at 05:41 AM.

Definitely has that "Lab Prototype" look! That should hold on to it jb.

Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
    Well, I would say that the 4BT should sit very nicely in its new home. The welds and the whole fabrication job look very good. I'm impressed by you guys who make metal do your bidding.
    Thank you sir!!

[QUOTE=TJones;18479]I’m with these guys JB!!!
    Job well done, this is surely not your first rodeo or fab project
    You should of seen the disaster welding project I got into yesterday when the 160 lb Rottie decided she wanted to go outside to get a piece of the Amazon delivery guys fanny and knocked over our 10’ tall Christmas tree and destroyed the tree stand.
    Needless to say the Bride had a meltdown and Dad had to take the stand out to the Garage-Ma-Hall and weld it up, which was like trying to glue a couple of pieces of cardboard together
    Thank God for tree skirts around the bottom

Hope all is well with the mail man, christmas tree, and your sweety. Sounds like a busy moment

You're correct, not my first run at something, but don't claim to know it all for sure. As my first comment, I have been encouraged to share this build online by my friends and family because they seen how I like to do things. I have built my own prostreet '64 Fairlane and then built my dad a '51 Ford F1 hotrod. On the '51, I pulled the body off a 2000 model Explored and fabricated the 51 body to the chassis. Then, I may have put a BBF, ZF 5spd, 4.10 gear setup in it 3 1/2" exhaust with electric cutouts going to 5 1/2" 'megaphones' for fun. Interstate driving is a hoot; hitting the on-ramps and running it through the gears.

So yeah, I enjoy this stuff I'm blessed to have a place at home and a little time to enjoy this.

IMG_5686.jpgIMG_5001.jpg
    Last edited by jbrewington; 12-20-2021 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    Definitely has that "Lab Prototype" look! That should hold on to it jb.
    Thank you my friend. Holding up nicely....

IMG_6400 (1).jpg

You are movin' right along. That power plant looks like it could twist the frame if you got on it too enthusiastically!

"Dad had to take the stand out to the Garage-Ma-Hall and weld it up,"

"See Dear - that's why I need a shop and a welder...".

Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
    You are movin' right along. That power plant looks like it could twist the frame if you got on it too enthusiastically!
    Willy's body on Dodge 2500 chassis. Little 4bt with 6spd manual. Hope it doesn't twist "anything"; my purpose to the build.

"Somebody" picked up a nice set of King Ranch seats for the Willy's. Nice brown pair of bucket seats for front; bench seat for rear.

Stay tuned for that....

But next phase of the build, Double Triangle Rear Suspension.

IMG_6416.jpg

Sweet '64 Fairlane pro street. I have a '65 crew cab 500 waiting patiently for me to get back under it to pull the tranny for a tooth less flex plate before the engine decides to stick again.. The '51 is a great build too! I bet it rides nice with the exploder chassis.

The rear suspension will be sweet and stout with the size of those hymes joints.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gmwillys; 12-20-2021 at 10:20 PM.