Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 51 Truck

3-5 PSI.

Do electric pumps have an auto shut off? I wired a switch to mine because I needed to have key power on while working on wiring and that pump would not turn off.

-TM

So, a quick look at the diagram for this carb is a bit inconclusive. The linkage in question is the "pump shaft and lever". It does not appear to have a seal or anything on the shaft. This makes me think the pump (the pump inside the carb, not to be confused with the electric fuel pump we were also discussing) was maybe installed incorrectly. It's unclear how fuel is bypassing the pump and leaking out around the linkage shaft. Is it possible there is too much fuel being delivered to this carb?

https://www.autozone.com/znetrgs/rep...528025251c.gif

Quote Originally Posted by tmonelo View Post
    Is it possible there is too much fuel being delivered to this carb
    Yes, as I said below it sounds like it is flooding, that would be too much fuel supplied to the carburetor. You need to check the pressure into the carb with a gauge and install a regulator if it is too high. Depending on the float in your carb, it should never be higher than 4.5 psi and could be as low as 2.5 psi. There isn't a seal around the Throttle Shaft. There shouldn't be any fuel there only vacuum. It sounds like it is pushing fuel past the float into the venturi.

It depends on the pump setup if it cycles on and off or not. Some run contentiously and use an internal pressure bypass. It depends on the pump.

https://willysjeepforum.kaiserwillys...-and-pressures
    Last edited by bmorgil; 11-30-2021 at 02:59 PM.