Thread: admin help needed: new activated user

admin help needed: new activated user

Hello: I am a newly activated user but when I try to view photos in threads etc I get a message that I do not have authorization to do so. When I log in I do not get any indication that I am logged on, If I try to re register it states I am already a registered user. Am I doing something wrong?

Hello Jim! You are in there as a user and I don't think you are doing anything wrong. Are you using Chrome for your internet browser? Your problems sound similar to the trouble everyone is having with Chrome. Try using a different browser. I am using Firefox without any trouble. I have the same issues you are having and them some on Chrome. Let me know.

Chrome and the new website hosting system don't get along well. At times I log in, get told I'm not logged in when in fact I am. It just takes me being as stubborn as the derned system.

Welcome .. let us know about your projects and piddling about.

Ever since the big data loss, Safari sometimes won’t show me logged in even though I am. It kind of threw me the first time because I didn’t get an error message about a bad password or user name. After surfing one or two pages it displays my log in info like normal at the top of the page. Seems like it only happens after I delete the cookies and browsing history.

I never did like the fact a person must log in to see the pictures posted but at least the threads can be read.
    Jeff
    '51 CJ3A
    '47 CJ2A

He, and welcome. I to am a relatively new memeber, use chrome, and have been having some issues. Basically, I log in, and the popup shows I am logged in successfully. WHen I try to reveiw pics or start or respond to a thread, it asks me to log in again, and I keep going in circles.

WHat I have discovered is the following. After logging in and the popup comes up and says I have successfully logged in, before I do anything else, if I look up in the right corner, it does not look like I am logged in I do not get the LOGOFF option.

THIS POINT, I DO A BROWSER REFRESH AND THE WEBPAGE UPDATES AND THE LOGOFF OPTION SHOWS UP. AT THIS POINT I KNOW I AM LOGGED IN. I PROCEED TO VIEW THREADS, LOOK AT PICTURES, CREATE THREADS AND RESPONSES WITHOUT ISSUE

Seems like their is a disconnect between the website and chrome where chrome is not getting a piece of information that the login is complete and refreshing itself.

Give the above a try and see if it works better for you.
    Last edited by jeep_n_john; 11-23-2021 at 03:16 PM.