Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Alabama

Hello from Alabama

Hello from Alabama.
    I joined this forum nearly two years ago while doing some reading about Willys, but realize I never made an introductory post.

I retired from the Air Force after 22 years of service. Now, nearly a decade into my second career, I'm working much harder than I ever anticipated in "retirement," but very thankful for what I have.

I have owned Jeeps off and on for the past 30 years - mostly Wranglers, but a few CJs as well. In the mid 90s I had a well-running, ragged-out flat fender that I think was a CJ-3A. Like most 25-year-olds, I couldn't afford to keep spending money on it so I had to let it go. I never even took a picture of it - not even sure that I owned a camera back then!

Well, I am officially in the market for a replacement, though this time I'm looking for something with actual paint on it!. Hoping to find a runner/driver without having to tow it halfway across the country or more.

Also wondering if anyone knows of any Willys groups/clubs in the general vicinity of Birmingham/Atlanta. I think I would enjoy getting to know some like-minded Jeep nuts around here.

Greatly appreciate all the knowledge on this forum.

Thanks!

GMWillys - you need to be all over this for pmeguy ..

"ROLL TIDE"

Welcome pmeguy, or from the looks of your vicinity neighbor!

Thank you for your service!

There isn't a group in the area between Birmingham and Atlanta, except my one person club in Alabama. I'll keep an eye out for any worthy specimens for sale for you to look at. You can private message me in order to trade information and maybe link up for the first club meeting.
    Last edited by gmwillys; 12-07-2021 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
    GMWillys - you need to be all over this for pmeguy ..

"ROLL TIDE"
    Thanks for the welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    Welcome pmeguy, or from the looks of your vicinity neighbor!

Thank you for your service!

There isn't a group in the area between Birmingham and Atlanta, except my one person club in Alabama. I'll keep an eye out for any worthy specimens for sale for you to look at. You can private message me in order to trade information and maybe link up for the first club meeting.
    gmwillys, it was a pleasure to serve!

I'm in the Talladega/Oxford/Anniston area of Alabama. Thanks for the welcome, and appreciate any leads!

Then you are in my back yard. If the weather holds out for Thursday, The family and I are going to run through the Oxford Christmas parade in our 2A Heep.

A great source for all things Willys, to include Jeeps for sale is both on the Kaiser Willys for sale page, and eWillys.com. eWillys is typically updated every day, and he pulls adds from all over the country.
    Last edited by gmwillys; 12-07-2021 at 04:21 PM.

Welcome pmeguy! That is quite a contribution of service, and I thank you! The Talladega Superspeedway is my favorite track.

Watch the "Roll Tide" on gmwillys, I think he's an Auburn fan! He's probably falling out of the chair. I think he has a special name for Coach Saban.

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    Then you are in my back yard. If the weather holds out for Thursday, The family and I are going to run through the Oxford Christmas parade in our 2A Heep.

A great source for all things Willys, to include Jeeps for sale is both on the Kaiser Willys for sale page, and eWillys.com. eWillys is typically updated every day, and he pulls adds from all over the country.
    Swamped with other commitments, so won't make the parade, but that is awesome!

I didn't know eWillys.com existed, but I will check that out.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    Welcome pmeguy! That is quite a contribution of service, and I thank you! The Talladega Superspeedway is my favorite track.

Watch the "Roll Tide" on gmwillys, I think he's an Auburn fan! He's probably falling out of the chair. I think he has a special name for Coach Saban.

I am an Alabama transplant so, I'm a noncombatant in that war!

I'm a transplant as well, so I don't have any skin in the game either. My late wife was a huge Auburn fan, so it was Nick Satan around the rust ranch. Although it was fun to watch the Georgia fans cry come yesterday at work.