Thread: New to Forum

Threaded View

New to Forum

Good Afternoon everyone!

I have been reading the forum for quite some time and this is my first official post. My name is "FlyJeep" because I have two hobbies: Flyfishing and working on my Jeep.

3 years ago, I bought a 1957 jeep as a learning project to just learn some new things. I am not a first rate mechanic or body guy, but I do my best and all the work you see in the photo have been done by me. I've replaced everything in the engine that is bolted on and my source has always been Kaiser Willys, I haven't bought anything from anyone else....alttle brand loyalty I guess, I just find it easy to use.

I do have a question...I would like to put the old Canvas seats in the jeep. I could go just have the seats re-done by a shop or I could put in new frames and get new cushions, ect. If I wanted to do new frames and cushions, do I have any options? I don't/can't weld or have any cutting tools to do any modifications....

I know many of you have been doing this much longer than I....I'll sit back and respectfully listen to your advice. Here is a picture of the Jeep.
    Attached Images Attached Images