Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Time Jeep Owner

The only "filter" is the screen in the bottom of the glass bowl on the fuel pump. Most added a filter right at the carburetor. KW has the period correct NOS filters that a lot of dealers and owners installed. https://www.kaiserwillys.com/nsearch/?q=fuel%20filter

On my carb a WO, I use the metal one. It goes right into the carb with a 1/8" pipe close nipple, then the original fuel line hooks right up. You remove the fitting from the float bowl and screw it into the filter inlet. I am not sure how it sets up with your carb. You have an F head '65 right? You have a YF Carter and a different fuel line set up. Any good filter between the pump and the carburetor will greatly improve the reliability. The Carter's have a very touchy idle circuit. The smallest particle and the idle is a mess.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bmorgil; 09-26-2022 at 04:06 PM.

You have a nice clean engine bay there! Yes, mine is an F head 1965 with Carter YF and they do have an easily clogged idle circuit. So Kaiser Willys has a filter that fits into the glass bowl on the pump?

Fuel Filter

When I put the F-134 in the '48, I split the line and put in a filter. This is a bit smaller that the glass bowl add-on
    Attached Images Attached Images

No not a filter for the pump. Separate in line filters like the picture of mine. The link I sent has two you can use. A metal one and a glass one, or any good filter will work. Just make sure they go somewhere between the carb and the fuel pump.

The pump has a screen built into it in the bottom of the glass bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
    When I put the F-134 in the '48, I split the line and put in a filter. This is a bit smaller that the glass bowl add-on
    This is similar to what was installed by previous owner, however he had it between tank and fuel pump. My pump does not have a glass bowl on the bottom, looks like a metal cap. Probably should remove that and clean it??? I'll likely install a new metal line from tank to pump and install an inline filter like yours between pump & carb. Still waiting on that backordered box of "free time"!

The bowl on these is actually on the top of the fuel pump you can get a glass or steel bowl, with or without a vacuum pump. It provides an area of expansion for the fuel and the screen inside it was the only filter Willys originally provided. I wouldn't take it apart if it is working OK. Good luck on the "free time" order. I hear there is a supply chain issue.

Rear ready to re-install. Also cleaned the rear portion of the frame and painted it. Next will be that dual master cylinder conversionIMG_1452.jpgIMG_1453.jpgIMG_1454.jpg

Looking good!

Bought a dual res master cylinder kit a while back and just now attempting to install. Not happy with the quality of fitment (especially when considering the high price). Also received two bolts with fine threads and the supplied nuts are coarse??? Photos in the instruction also do not match components received. Really low quality as compared to high price...........

IMG_1538.jpgIMG_1542.jpg

OOPS, wrong photos!IMG_1539.jpgIMG_1540.jpg