Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Time Jeep Owner

He says, "ONE MORE JEEP IN THE FLEET NEVER HURT ANYONE" as he eases back on the couch and grabs a bag of popcorn!

Stopped last evening on the drive home and ordered an antique license for the Jeep. At least now I won't have to look over my shoulder during test drives. Windshield frame has been put on back order till mid March. Right now the biggest issue is the brakes. Must be air in the system because everything is new (including a dual master, all wheel cylinders, hard & soft lines, and shoes.

If you are sure you have all the air out, don't disregard the new master cylinder. Seems to be a rash of those lately that are defective.

I'm just lucky, the wife doesn't mind if I drag things home.

Like Bmorgil said, this seems to be a disturbing trend for brake systems. There are no American made brake manufactures left. Raybestos was the last one that I knew of, and you can find them advertised on Rock Auto, but everything is out of stock.

Ordered replacement windshield frame and was told it would be backordered until mid March,,,,,,,,, received an email this AM informing me it will be delivered tomorrow!

Well, that's a pleasant surprise.... Hopefully it shows up then. I bought a rear seat from Dead Jeeps for the YJ, and the tracking provided kept saying it was to be delivered on such and such a day, then it would get extended to the next day. That went on for a week before I called the company directly to find out that they had already sold the particular seat prior to me buying it. I did receive my full refund, and they won't have to be looking for me to buy anything else from them.

I screwed up years ago. I turned in my original brake master cylinder in to NAPA for a core. Got back a foreign piece of junk that didn’t quite fit the mount holes. It works but it has always bothered me. The plunger had pushed through the piston. I should have seen if I could repair it. Or possibly make my own piston.
    Jeff
    '51 CJ3A
    '47 CJ2A

I have one from KW. I had good luck with it so far. They will take it back no question if it is defective. You may want to try a KW if it is your master giving you trouble. I have seen some master cylinders advertised on EBay that were worked over in India. You don't know what your going to get now a days. If you buy it from KW, at least if its junk they will keep working with you till its right.

I have bought a lot from KW. I agree about them having good customer service although I get better technical support in this forum.
    Jeff
    '51 CJ3A
    '47 CJ2A

I installed some Crown brand of wheel cylinders and master cylinder on our 2A, and the only issue I had was that the wheel cylinder mount holes didn't come close to lining up with the backer plate. Other than that, they are all still working alright after a number of years. I buy from a few trusted sources but will say that KW is my go-to for most everything just because of the good customer service.