Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st Time Jeep Owner

Not to worry, the boy's at KW will take care of you. Give them a call. If you don't like their parts they refund your money, no questions asked.

Eaton Detroit Spring takes it to a whole different level. The web site is loaded with information. The "Vehicle Selector" is an inventory of blueprints from springs they have made. If you call them they will make anything you want.
    Last edited by bmorgil; 06-17-2022 at 05:29 PM.

KW did in fact take care of me! I sent an email to them regarding experience with this glove box. They immediately sent me a replacement (standard size this time). It arrived yesterday (Sunday) along with a shipping label to return the defective one. Even sent me candy again (don't tell my wife)!

Does anyone know if this is an original Tuxedo gauge? This is the oil pressure gauge that was in the Jeep when I bought it. Not sure if it's an original or something that was added later. Notice it says "Made In USA"!
    IMG_1318.jpg

I am pretty sure they used the same gauges from 1955 to 1971. It was a big round speedometer combination thing, with a light for oil pressure in it, on the right above the fuel gauge. I don't think it had any oil pressure gauge. You had to add it if you wanted one. Here is a link to a '65 that sold. The dash looks original and you can see he has added a gauge cluster under the dash. The gauge you have looks like it came out of different vehicle.

https://www.guyswithrides.com/2019/0...-park-mark-iv/
    Last edited by bmorgil; 06-21-2022 at 07:21 AM.

Wow, less than 2000 of these manufactured in 1965! Mine is identical to this other than top is slightly different. Thanks for sharing the info, I'll keep it for reference. Surprised at the hubcaps, figured originals would've been dog dish style.

The oil pressure gage looks to have come out of an AMC car. It took me a minute trying to think where I'd seen that particular style of Stewart Werner gage.

The Tux Parks were an honest attempt to upscale the Jeep to appeal to the higher end clients. They went all out with the fancy hub caps and chrome bumpers. Two wheel drive Wagons/Trucks/and Jeepsters usually went with the dog dish hub caps. After Kaiser bought Willys, then they integrated full wheel hub caps and most models.

Had the original radiator and heater core rebuilt. Just about fell over when they handed me the bill, $620.00! OUCH! IMG_1334.jpg

Three core seems a bit of an "overkill" for a little 4 cylinder engine! Maybe that was part of the Tux upgrade?

That's about right for both of them. A new brass/copper core radiator cost $600+ for the radiator alone. The tanks are all that's left if he re-cored them. You end up with practically new if they are re-cored. You can find Aluminum re-cored units for $350 at KW. The Brass/Copper is original.