Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast

Thread: 1st Time Jeep Owner

Quote Originally Posted by 51 CJ3 View Post
    I have bought a lot from KW. I agree about them having good customer service although I get better technical support in this forum.
    The Tech support on this Forum is great. The members on this Forum share experiences without reserve. The good the bad and the ugly, unafraid to show our screw ups! We learn a ton from each other. There is a lot of good and bad info out there, and there are links in the posts to some of the other great Forums. Support on all things that's for sure, from rebuilding a vintage jeep to welding to tools to DIY, what ever! Even some life experiences and "Dead Goat Stories".

KW had a great idea with this Forum. They provide us with all the help and support we need to keep posting a lot of good stuff on here. A special thanks to them for the Forum! I think their hope is, we all are here if they need a pick up on the tech side of it!
    Last edited by bmorgil; 02-09-2024 at 01:13 PM.

"Even some life experiences and "Dead Goat Stories".

Noooo - not the dead goat again!

Wow Larry, what a story! Don't go putting any goats in the 48! It's amazing what willys guys will do for the right parts.

The goat story rides again! It's about time!

We do go to great lengths to find parts, that's for sure. Not all new parts are junk, but with Chrysler/Fiat owning the licensing for Willys/Kaiser/AMC parts, we can only get what we can get. KW does a fantastic job in trying to supply us with the best quality parts available. The sheet metal piece parts that they sell are American made.

When you start a project, you become a hoarder of extra parts when they become available.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm right there with you Gmwillys. Local junkyard had it, and I couldn't let it get melted down into tesla parts. So hookup the trailer and drag it home!
    Attached Images Attached Images

A few parts in there both you boy's! 56' right off the bat "I spy" an original oil filter canister.

It definitely helps to pick up parts donors.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    A few parts in there both you boy's! 56' right off the bat "I spy" an original oil filter canister.
    Yep, I already have the filter removed and cleaned up. Just needs a quick paint and it will be brand new. Pretty much everything in the drivetrain is reusable. I wanted to get it for all the pasts that aren't remanufactured. It also has a Dana 27. I might look into swapping in flossy since it has a 25. But that won't be for awhile.

Gm, that 46 looks so cool sitting there! Always liked the half cabs.

That 47 was completely trashed. The middle section of the frame was rotten. I salvaged the front frame rails and welded them in to our Heep, plus a plethora of good parts, the best being the grill bullet marker lights.