Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 24323334

Thread: 1st Time Jeep Owner

Not a bad price for a good upholstery job. It is getting Very difficult to find upholstery shops anymore, let alone those that are craftsman.

Working at the Dragway..... Awesome way to spend the day man! Ah the smell of smokin' tires and burning Methanol in the morning!

Sunday was the main "Drag day" and I along with another "rookie" worked the burn-out boxes + scanned for vehicles leaking anything. Later I took on an additional role as the "starter" (controlled the starting lights / christmas tree) for the Friday and Saturday night grudge races. These were non-points events, reduced gate fees, and often used for test & tune + the local street racers often participated. Top prize was a small trophy and a free Pizza from local restaurant.

"Those two little seats,,,,,, $954.00!"

I heard an ad for woodworking tools last week that said "Pay once, cry once"; the point being pay for good work once, cry about it but you don't have to do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Catlewis View Post
    @56willys, Yes that's the shop here in central PA. As for Beaver Springs Dragway,,,,,,,35 years ago I worked there several seasons as a 2nd job to earn a few extra bucks when my wife and I first married. It's a fact Dressler's do fine work and they attach an appropriate price tag to it, therefore if you plan on having them do any work, make certain your wallet has an elastic waistband! I think there may have been a Jay Leno royalty fee attached to my invoice......... Those two little seats,,,,,, $954.00!
    Awesome! That's really neat that you worked there. I get to attend about three events a year with the one gentleman I work for. It's a really cool facility and the crew is super nice. (I wasn't there when you worked, but I'm sure the employees were just as cool!!) Maybe one of these day my CJ5 will make a test pass at Beaver Springs. I could probably pull of a blistering 30 seconds at 60mph haha!!

That price honestly seems fair. With the prices on everything these days and imported stuff. It's nice to get a good quality job that was done local that will last forever and looks amazing!

Running the drag strip with your vintage Jeep is an easy pass. Put your flags all on, turn on your lights and roll up to the start line. No burn out. Stage, and gently engage the clutch at the green light. Roll gently through the gate and shift easy at low RPM. Honk and wave at the crowd. Do not exceed 2500 RPM at any time. When the light comes on at the top of the track, honk some more. That should be a great run! Return to your pit and enjoy the lookers.

And for the whole 45-seconds it takes to make your pass, the crowd will be going wild over a Jeep!

You'd get way more thumbs up in the Jeep then Jungle Pam on the staging lane.