Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2331323334 LastLast

Thread: 1st Time Jeep Owner

I think you posted that frame graft gm!

Having a complete drive train that is original is a major part of the game 56'. Those pieces will always be "gold". If your going to play with classic Jeeps, you cant have too many spare parts!

The only real advantage the Model 27 offers is the availability of gear ratios. The 25 only has 1 ratio. The 27 had several available. This is only an advantage in Jeep CJ's from mid 1950 on, when the Model 44 became standard in the rear. The Model 41 axle that was in the Willys had only one ratio also. Therefor if you don't have a 44 rear the 27 really offers no advantage. From a pure strength stand point, the 25 is actually stronger, no matter what you read. It has a larger diameter ring gear and more bolts attaching the ring gear. The ring gear is thinner. Some might mistake that for less strength. It makes no difference however. Ring gears vary in thickness based on the ratio due to Pinion to Ring center lines. A 3.08 ratio gear is much thinner than a 3.73 ratio because the pinion diameter gets smaller in the 3.73 ratio. The strength however is the same.
    Last edited by bmorgil; 02-12-2024 at 08:02 AM.

I wish I did get photos of the front frame graph on the Heep. It would have been good content, but that was long before I knew that there was a forum to share on. The first two photos are the before with the scabbed together frame horns.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Finally installed the old windshield in the new frame. Only took about half gallon (sarcastic) of liquid soap! Far more difficult than I anticipated. Other than that, the frame itself fits great.
    IMG_1927.jpg

Picked up seats from Upholstery shop over the weekend. Turned out great.
    IMG_1942.jpgIMG_1942.jpg

Those seats look really nice, Cat! What kind of upholstery shop did you take it to? Just wondering since I need to do the same for mine. Did they specialize in car seats or something else?

Dressler's Upholstery. Private family owned business however they do top notch work! For example, they have done interiors for Jay Leno! This material is what they suggested when I requested "Leather". I'm not certain on the correctly spelling however it's something like "Allante" leather. According to them, it looks and feels just like leather but out lasts it ten times over and requires zero maintenance. I also had a crew cab F350 done in the same material couple years ago, still looks new. IMG_1940.jpg

Nice Cat! I like the upholstery job. The windshield gasket can give you blisters that's for sure.

Gosh that thing is looking pretty! That seat looks amazing, I always liked the split benches. Not to mention it's Jay Leno approved, that's some bragging rights there! I know there's a dresslers upholstery in central PA near beaver springs. If that's the place, i am a frequent attendee at the dragstrip in Beaver springs.

Spectacular work there. I can see why Jay Leno had them do work for him.

@56willys, Yes that's the shop here in central PA. As for Beaver Springs Dragway,,,,,,,35 years ago I worked there several seasons as a 2nd job to earn a few extra bucks when my wife and I first married. It's a fact Dressler's do fine work and they attach an appropriate price tag to it, therefore if you plan on having them do any work, make certain your wallet has an elastic waistband! I think there may have been a Jay Leno royalty fee attached to my invoice......... Those two little seats,,,,,, $954.00!