Hey everyone! I’m so glad to find some people to chat ‘Jeep’ with! I’m not a mechanic but I am ready to take on my project. Any and all help greatly appreciated!!

About 4 years ago my husband and I were helping an acquaintance clear her property after her husband passed. He was a scrapper so there were cars everywhere. I saw this jeep… MY Jeep… sitting, and I fell in love. I convinced my husband to let me ask her about it. She swore she could get good money for it but I didn’t have it to offer. A few months passed as I offered her $200. It was all I had. I was on my way to her house, money in hand, and she called me to back out. She said she was just sure she could get more money for it so I said ok, and hung up. I was devastated, but let it go. Almost a year later she calls me and asked me if I still wanted it. I told her yes. She said she still thought it was worth more than $200. I knew it was but was but only offered to go to $300. She took it!!! We drug it from a patch of poison oak and took it home!! We washed it all up (a couple times as hubby is highly allergic) aired up the tires and started tinkering. I pulled out the interior because it was trashed and started making shopping lists! We did a little to check if it would crank but when the answer didn’t come easy my husband lost interest. I’m not a mechanic and have been researching and grasping at straws trying to get moving on this gem.I’m about to go at it 100% by myself because my love of this truck is not shared.

At this point here’s what I know: it has the original 230 Tornado OHC six. It appears to have 63,000 miles on it. The lady said she thought it ran when her husband parked it 13 years earlier.. I can’t get it to turn so I don’t know if it’s seized or if it’s salvageable. BUT… I turned the key and the dome light turned on!! I feel like I got an excellent deal. I just wish I knew where to go from here. Help!!