Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 146

Thread: Wulfies nostalgia project

  1. #1

    Wulfies nostalgia project

    Bought this ol girl a few months ago. I always wanted a jeep since I was a kid. My step dad took me and my brother riding in a jeep back in the late 40'sa on our ranch. We went every where even down in the bottom of the creek. Ever since I wanted one. Well here it is. Got cj2a not completely complete and hacked up frame and F 134 engine from a cj3b was told. No data plates on anything. There is tub serial # 167884 and tail gate ser # 167885, engine ser. # 3J40413. Just got engine off to machine shop. Plan is to take front part of cj3b frame and marry it to rear half of cj2a frame and reuse L134 engine. Reason for marriage of two frames is the cj2a frame front end Bubba hacked it up and it has cracks in front cross member, Bubba also hacked back off of the cj3b frame. The cj2a L134 engine was free but no compression. The F 134 engine may be frozen . In process of taking F134 engine out of its frame to remove front engine mounting plate to hopefully swap it to L 134 engine so that it will mount in cj3b frame without moving motor mounts.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Super Moderator bmorgil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Northwestern Ohio
    Posts
    2,781
    Looking like a pretty cool project Wulfie!

  3. #3

    Got front axle out

    Finally got the front axle out, its a 25, didnt know what it was until I got it cleaned up a bit. Had a RZEPPA axle in it. Bubba really did a number on the axle nuts , chisled it away ha. He put left wheel hub on right rear ha. Found two shims on top right upper bearing cap none on bottom. Found no shims left front upper bearing cap , but one shim on left front lower ha. Mabey bubba got really confused , bye the way does anyone have bubbas number ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    E OK
    Posts
    371
    Bubba does some interesting things. He put a CJ2 tub on my CJ3A frame while keeping the manual starter linkage, 3A windshield and M38 hood, cut the threads off one axle and reversed the bearing caps inside the front differential to go with some interesting wiring techniques on the 12 volt conversion. The starter linkage doesn’t quite line up correctly so it can be a bear to mash the starter button on the floor. He also welded on custom bumpers but they don’t look too bad.
    Jeff
    '51 CJ3A
    '47 CJ2A

  5. #5
    Super Moderator bmorgil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Northwestern Ohio
    Posts
    2,781
    Bubba usually works harder hacking it up than he would have spent doing it the right way. Sometimes Bubba has a last name ... cheap or broke! I have seen some "economical improvements" that are downright scary.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    E OK
    Posts
    371
    I forgot the brakes. It appears to be the Chevy disc conversion on the front. The rear are original with the lines pinched shut because it has an original master cylinder. I wouldn’t want to do any semi-serious rock crawling with it but it does stop fine for normal use with front brakes only. I haven’t decided yet if I will upgrade the master cylinder and reconnect the rear brakes or cap the lines proper. Money will probably dictate that decision when the time comes.
    Jeff
    '51 CJ3A
    '47 CJ2A

  7. #7
    Finally got the frames stripped enough to do the frame transplant. Marked both frames where Im gonna cut ,then clamped the pieces together and welded em up . Welded supports inside frame where attached. The cuts were not perfect but made it work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Wulfie; 05-10-2022 at 12:24 AM.

  8. #8
    Super Moderator bmorgil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Northwestern Ohio
    Posts
    2,781
    Looking good Wulfie! Its healed. It looks like its going to be a successful spinal transplant.

  9. #9
    Decided to go with epoxy for fix for the block. Gonna use Belzona 1111, its expensive but what do I have to loose and what do I have to gaine ? L 134 block that is usable I hope. Pic 2 is block being prepared for topical patch. Drill stop cracks and put some plugs along cracks. Used red lock tight to set bolts, then cut off heads of bolts (grade 8) and groved out cracks in block. Pic 4 patient ready to receive advanced topical patch . Have to wait until tomorrow to apply patch due to fast set up time . At 77 degrees farenheightf set time is 15 minutes. Its getting warm down here in Texas up into the mid 90's now, so early morning mix and apply. Suppose to be in low 70's in the morning.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  10. #10
    Saw this gear advertised and decided to try it. Its medal gear to replace fiber cam gear in L 134 engine. Hope it works out ok.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •