Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Wulfies nostalgia project

working on breaks and tires and hubs , cleaned parts and painted .

There's always plenty to work on! You sure are making steady progress.

Well started on rims and tires but found out I made a mistake . Thought I had 4 good 16 inch rims but found out this morning I only had 1 good 16 in rim . Had 2 sets or rims 16 inch set and 15 inch set , the 16 inchers had old rags on em ,first one cleaned up nicely so expected the other ones were also in good shape but found out after taking the old tires off not the case . So went and checked the 15 inchers they were good enough to clean up but no 15 inch tires . So I ordered 3 new 16 inch rims , and 2 new brake drums . Here is what the tire looks like mounted on , only one at this time so going on too brake lines and brake cylinders. They are LINGLONG , sounds Chines but they made in Thailandl , saw em on the internet that a guy had bought for his jeep and he liked em, so went for em . $ 135 each ,free shipping . Found on Amazon. 8 ply rating . CROSSWIND MT LT225/75R16
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Wulfie; 07-28-2022 at 07:02 PM.

Those things do have some teeth!

Yea , we really dont need teeth on tires right now , we in drought spell down here . Weather man in our area said it would take 22 inches of rain to get us back to normal , well that means Hurricane weather , ha Harvey only gave us 17 inches , Houston got it all .
    Last edited by Wulfie; 07-28-2022 at 07:07 PM.

We were upgraded yesterday to severe drought and it’s not even the hot and dry part of the year yet. Going broke trying to keep the shop below 90 and the house below 80. Forget any aircraft maintenance I wanted to do. As soon as the sun hits the hangars it gets hot pretty quick.
    Jeff
    '51 CJ3A
    '47 CJ2A

Tough to stay cool anywhere right now that's for sure!

"... it would take 22 inches of rain to get us back..."

And if you got it all at once, 14 inches of it would run off and drown someone in the next state.

I have felt the pain of finding out the wheels that I thought were good, ended up being junk. I had received the wheels on a crusty '47 2A. They held air, but the tires were beyond dry rotten. One of our members on here was looking for a set for his M38A1, so I broke them down to clean them up to send out to him. Needless to say, they weren't worth giving them away. They can be welded up, but to keep them true, they will have to be chucked up in a lathe, and turned back down to the proper dimension.

Hopefully it will cool off for you soon, and that the rains will come back soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gmwillys; 07-29-2022 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    I have felt the pain of finding out the wheels that I thought were good, ended up being junk. I had received the wheels on a crusty '47 2A. They held air, but the tires were beyond dry rotten. One of our members on here was looking for a set for his M38A1, so I broke them down to clean them up to send out to him. Needless to say, they weren't worth giving them away. They can be welded up, but to keep them true, they will have to be chucked up in a lathe, and turned back down to the proper dimension.

Hopefully it will cool off for you soon, and that the rains will come back soon.
    Same thing here . Old man rust really did his job .