Wulfie, you should remove the one that is loose and send it back. You need the bushings to "collapse" inward from the press fit. It needs to be tight so the reamer can cut it to a precision fit. Even with red Loctite that is only part of it. It needs to stay in and not turn in the housing. A good solid press fit. The sector shaft is a precision fit. That is why the bushings must be reamed to size after pressing. It makes for a very precise fit. Something you need in a steering sector shaft or it will wear out very quickly, and take the housing with it. The machine shop I recommended is not an engine machine shop. Ray's is a tool and die fabrication shop. If you have a shop like this close by, take it there. I would not lap the bushings. You need a precision reamed, perfectly round hole. Something you cannot get by lapping. It must be round or it will wear very quickly on the high spots. There is a lot of friction on the sector shaft. It needs to be a perfect fit. Perfectly round is more important than anything. You can only get perfectly round by reaming or precision boring.

I posted in my restoration thread on peej, everything I ran into on the tub. The biggest trouble on mine was at the firewall behind the throttle bracket. There wasn't enough room there. The firewall had to be modified so the body would move far enough forward with out hitting.

I live about 20 minutes from the Original Willys Overland, Jeep plant.