Hi thanks for the reply. So I got to run the jeep around the neighborhood a couple of times in the last few days. On a side note, it's fantastic to see people's eyes light up at the sight of what would have been a clunker 40 years ago, Even the teenagers seemed impressed.

So here are my impressions: The ammeter was wagging wildly until I engaged all of the electrics: headlights, blinkers, horn... Wow! that's it, no other accessories, lol. After the blinkers went on the meter went to a slight tick on the negative side. I turned the blinkers and electrics off and it would move smoothly in a small range around 0. I wasn't looking how it looked when I cranked the starter, but will do next time. I have a friend who is a major car collector coming out for something else on August. I'll have him look at it when he does.

There's a lot going on with this rig which hasn't seen the road in ages. Right now my biggest issue is a stall that seems to come from gas starvation. My first thought was bad ignition due to low voltage but it cranked over very strong. Still trying to figure the gas out. I red coated the tank a couple of years ago, so I don't think I have sediment in the tank but maybe there's a piece of coating flapping around the fuel line outtake. Might check the fuel pressure to make sure I'm not starving my carb. It also seems to be running rich. Heck, I'm a novice when it comes to all this stuff.

Another issue is that the front left brake is sticking. I suspect a retractor spring, maybe a stuck brake cylinder. Won't know for a while since KW's front hub pullers are on back order until Sept. Plenty of other stuff to keep me occupied in the mean time.

Pretty jazzed to have it finally running up and down the street, even with all of its bugs.

Happy Independence Day!