Thread: Question about T18 transfer case mounting to cross member

Question about T18 transfer case mounting to cross member

How do the rubber bushings go when mounting T18 case to cross member. First of all I had two separate frames . Supposedly a cj2a and a cj3b. The fitting where the rubber bushing goes into the round mounting attachment welded to cross member on the cj2a did not have a metal bushing in it as in first pic. The cj3b crossmember had a metal bushing in not allowing the rubber baby buggy bumper bushing (say that real fast ) not go in, so removed the ring . But my question is the small bushing really suppose to go under the bigger bushing. Both frames had engines attached but upon removal of transfer case the small rubber mounting bushing was under the cross member. Does any one know proper orientation of said mounting of rubber bushings ? Last pic is how I think they should go. Pic 3 should be first. I may be wrong about the small rubber isolator it maby should go underneath, so that bolt wont pound from underneath. Getting confused by the metal parts in isolators dont really look like they are the same part, the new isolator upper has a metal top imbedded in the rubber, mabey the ring is also imbedded in it .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Wulfie; 05-21-2022 at 01:45 AM.

Here is a pic of how it goes. Everything sets on the cross member and the bolt goes through the cross member.

18A-08.jpg

Everything sets on top of cross member ? Pic does not show cross member and relation of parts to cross member.
    Last edited by Wulfie; 05-21-2022 at 10:35 AM.

Sorry about that Wulfie, I should have clarified that! All of the weight sits on the top rubber on top of the cross member. Here is a photo from underneath (its blurry I couldn't hold still standing on my head). The large rubber goes on top in the cross member ring. The small one sandwiches the cross member from the other side, bottom of cross member.

IMG_20220521_202517333.jpg
    Last edited by bmorgil; 05-21-2022 at 07:34 PM.

Thanks Bmorgil