Thread: Jasper Engine & Transmission for Engine Rebuild [Remanufacturing] L134

Jasper Engine & Transmission for Engine Rebuild [Remanufacturing] L134

Has anyone used the subject company in Jasper, IN to rebuild an L134? I am ready to pull the motor in my 45 MB and let them do the job. I would like to know what your experience was with Jasper Engines before I do so. A complete remanufacture including round trip shipping and flywheel resurfacing is about $5440. On the phone yesterday they say they do 3 to 4 L134 motors per year so they have experience with our beloved 'Go Devil'!
    pd

A good place to start is at the Better Business Bureau.
    https://www.bbb.org/us/in/jasper/pro...stomer-reviews

Here is another good place to check out a company.
    Consumer Affairs Dept. https://www.consumeraffairs.com/auto...html?#overview

Jasper has always been known as "inexpensive".

The Better Business Bureau reviews are typical responses for Jasper. I would stick with someone local, that will stand behind their work, and will communicate with you about the progress being made.

I concur gm. I have heard the same. Sticking with someone within driving distance, is going to make it a lot easier. I keep thinking of TJ's fiasco with his engine. I drive 1 hour and 30 minutes to my machinist.

Gm and bmorgil are spot on as far as sticking with a local, as Bob stated my rebuilt short block was a total FIASCO and like all the reviews for jasper mine was the same even though it was a different rebuild company (Fraser Engine Rebuilders) out of Michigan it was the same end product JUNK!!!
    Last edited by TJones; 06-24-2022 at 06:58 AM.

I got lucky and have a friend with experience rebuilding our engines and he's 1/2 mile down the road. He has my engine pulled apart right now. Everything looked pretty good with the exception of worn valves and valve guides. Also had a few stuck piston rings. All the bearings looked good. It looks like the engine was bored 10 over back when my younger brother rebuilt the engine in his shop class, back in '80. Should be a pretty straight forward refresh and then we'll be good to go. Fingers crossed!

Cajun, 1/2 mile down the road is as good as you can hope for!

Felipe, when you find a shop, go and visit. Somewhere there is a checklist for what is going to need to be done in a Quality rebuild. Let me know if you need it and I will search the forum for it.
    Last edited by bmorgil; 06-24-2022 at 08:16 AM.

Run Felipe - run like the wind. Even though I am a Hoosier, I am scared by the Jasper reviews. There is someone a lot closer to home who can rebuild that engine for you - you just haven't found them yet. Check with a local Jeep club if there is one nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
    Run Felipe - run like the wind.
    Senior Chief, unafraid to tell it like it is! Always looking out for the troops.