I was primping up the truck for the 4th of July parade yesterday and as I worked around the truck I began to get a bit flustered as I found little dings, scuffs and marks in various places.

Then, I thought about how those marks got there.

That big place with paint that looks a little different (right above the windshield spacer bar) was where that big green and yellow-gutted bug hit me on the way to JeepFest last Summer. He must have been eating battery acid because he left a scar in the paint.

Then, there are the scuffs on the angled sides of the bed. Those are where I put the signs for my grandson and his girlfriend for the 2019 parade to celebrate their COVID cancelled graduation.

There are scuffs and scratches in the bed, even with the liner. Those are from the time that I loaded all of the Grandkids, Nieces and Nephews in the back for a Labor Day picture in 2017 – somebody had a rock in the sole of their shoe.

There is a stain on the carpet that just won’t quite come out … that is where somebody (I won’t say who) dropped about half an ice cream cone one evening.

And, there are little nicks and dings in the paint here and there. Most of those are just road nicks from going to places like Roanoke, Hoagland, Auburn or Garrett to show off the truck.

As I thought about this, I realized that every one of those imperfections is there because I was doing something that I loved with the truck. If you had told me that I was going to hit by an acid-eating bug at Napoleon, Ohio – I would have headed to Toledo anyhow; after all – it is still a truck!

That’s what Jeeps are for, to be used and to make memories. Go out and make some; take the wife, grandkids and even the dog for a ride -- let little kids "drive it" and blow the horn!

As the sticker I put on it for shows says: "Go ahead and touch me, I'm that kind of truck".