Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1952 Willys Stake Bed Truck Tire Size

1952 Willys Stake Bed Truck Tire Size

I know most of the Willys trucks came with the 16 x 5 inch wheels with 700 x 16 tires, but I found a 1952 Willys Stake Bed Truck with 15 x 4.5 inch wheels. Does anyone know the size tires that came with these odd ball trucks? My research says it was either 670 x 15 or 700 x 15? Thanks.

The correct tires would be the 7.00 X 15", depending on the GVW of the truck. Most trucks that I've ever seen were shod with the 7.00 X 16" tires, but that is not to say that all trucks came that way. A two wheel drive truck would be more likely to have the 15" tires, but again, the GVW would be a factor as well to which ones came on it.
    Last edited by gmwillys; 09-13-2022 at 03:58 AM.

I recently purchased a set of Deestone 7.00 X 15 tires for my Jeep. Delivered price was very close to $600.00. These tires are very narrow. Probably won't look too bad on the Jeep, however a larger vehicle like your truck, you may want to consider a wider tire.

This truck came from New York, and stenciled on the bed frame is:

NYUW 3,356
    NYML 2,000

It is a 4WD truck with the factory stake bed. Thanks.

1952 Willys Truck.jpg
    Last edited by dgoodenow; 09-13-2022 at 12:41 PM.

That thing looks like it is in great shape!

It had been sitting for over 30 years in a shed in upstate New York and it was very dirty. It had no spark, no brakes, and no fuel, but I have in running now. Just needed the points filed and the fuel tank cleaned. It does have some rust in the floor, corner pockets, and a few of the the stake pockets, but otherwise it is in pretty nice condition. I think the stake side board are original, at least the hardware looks right? I hope to fix the brakes soon and get it back on the road. Thanks.

Dg did you find it on Facebook??
    I think I ran across it a few months back and it was a ways of the the hardtop.

I found it on eBay, and it was offered at a buy it now price, I thought the price was good, so I bought it. It was only on eBay for a short while. I do not do Facebook, so I don't know if it was listed there as well. I bought it on 8-12. I'm in Missouri, so it was a trip to pick it up, but I think it was worth the drive. It has just under 43,000 miles on it and mostly original. I got all the lights to work and all the gauges work as well. Thanks.

The weight for your truck was as follows;

New York Unladen vehicle weight = 3,356

New York Maximum load weight = 2,000

I was just curious to the different weight rating acronyms.

Wow some great info on it already. That is a perfect find 43,000 miles, that's fantastic. It definitely looks like a buff and a shine and its ready to go! What a great start.