Thread: Horn Rebuild

Threaded View

Horn Rebuild

Well, after a somewhat significant accident, I am on the disabled list and that means bored out of my mind looking for stuff to do. This means more time with the 55 Wagon, with 1 caveat, I can't crawl on the floor underneath.
    So the priority of projects has been reordered according to what I can do.

Project 1 Fixing the Horn.

Currently the horn operates off a push button on the dash that the previous owner put in a place almost impossible to reach while driving. Attached below are the horn parts that I currently have. I know I'll need the horn wire and I intend to replace those 3 rubber cubes and the metal parts inside them. If you have read any of my previous posts you know my favorite new toy/tool is my bead blaster box, so everything will get it's turn in there as well.
    I assume that the wire comes out somewhere near the steering box and will have to have one of the kids crawl under and do that.
    What else am I missing and how does it all go together. I am pretty sure I have a good idea of it all in my mind, but want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

I think Project 2 might be at least repainting if not totally repairing the 67 year old steering wheel while I have that whole area disassembled.

-VT
    Attached Images Attached Images