Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: First Willys

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Posts
    4

    First Willys

    Good Afternoon,

    I've recently acquired my first Willys. 1946 CJ2A SN:55351. Looking forward to restoring this one. It runs and drives but still needs a lot of TLC and I plan to take it down to the frame eventually. I know there is plenty of knowledge here and appreciate any help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Super Moderator LarrBeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Ft. Wayne, IN
    Posts
    2,312

    A Great '46 CJ-2A

    It looks like you have found a diamond - and it's not still a dirty rock!

    You may find surprises as you take it apart - but it looks like you have a lot more to work with than many of us started with.

    Ask for help. Ask for advice. It's free and worth every penny you will spend on it (..) We will probably learn a few things as we watch you work through it.

    Post a lot of pictures as you go.

    (Here is a typical starting place)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by LarrBeard; 10-10-2022 at 05:52 PM.

  3. #3
    Super Moderator bmorgil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Northwestern Ohio
    Posts
    2,940
    Nice find! Its in great shape. The P.T.O. looks to be in tact. Some great stuff on that one.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by LarrBeard View Post
    It looks like you have found a diamond - and it's not still a dirty rock!

    You may find surprises as you take it apart - but it looks like you have a lot more to work with than many of us started with.

    Ask for help. Ask for advice. It's free and worth every penny you will spend on it (..) We will probably learn a few things as we watch you work through it.

    Post a lot of pictures as you go.

    (Here is a typical starting place)
    Thank you! I'm sure I'll need lots of help.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by bmorgil View Post
    Nice find! Its in great shape. The P.T.O. looks to be in tact. Some great stuff on that one.
    Thank you! I've been pleasantly surprised with the condition so far and was very happy with the PTO. I have verified it is still operational as well. Looking forward to digging in.

  6. #6
    Super Moderator gmwillys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    3,219
    The PTO is one thing to have, but the guard that is in one piece is unheard of. The body looks very original, considering the single brake light, and the lack of modifications. Very nice find!

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2022
    Location
    Upstate SC
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by gmwillys View Post
    The PTO is one thing to have, but the guard that is in one piece is unheard of. The body looks very original, considering the single brake light, and the lack of modifications. Very nice find!
    Thank you! I'm glad you mentioned the guard, I didn't know that was a hard to find part, I'll make sure to ensure it stays in good shape.

  8. #8
    Super Moderator bmorgil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Northwestern Ohio
    Posts
    2,940
    All of the guards, especially if the guard under the vehicle is still there. On mine that guard was the only thing left of the PTO. I sold it for a good price.
    Last edited by bmorgil; 10-12-2022 at 11:54 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •