Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: ***My 1944 GPW/1945 MB (Sympathetic) Restoration!***

TJ's GMH is well over and beyond the rest of ours's. He has a dedicated interior decorator, and his OCD will not let it get all jumbled up. Someday mine will be as nice as his!

The wheels are a well needed improvement. The weld on option for the wheels is just aggravating, but you won the day.

You did well on your Honda XL-100!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike P View Post
    Well tell him to contact me! I need to thin the herd, ha! And thanks!
    I will let him know for sure Mike!!!

[QUOTE=gmwillys;20772]TJ's GMH is well over and beyond the rest of ours's. He has a dedicated interior decorator, and his OCD will not let it get all jumbled up. Someday mine will be as nice as his!

Your killing me gm, I gotta keep it half way decent the Bride may move me out back one day
    Last edited by TJones; 12-19-2022 at 06:56 AM.

Definitely have run into the "Universal Lug Nut" a few times myself. I actually had to do it to one wheel on mine to get it on the trailer. Just a tack mind you but, I have seen Bubba use it for a permanent solution!

The wheels look good now Mike!

On the way home from picking up the wheels I stopped off at another guy’s place. He was selling off some of his 94 year old father’s spare Jeep stuff. Mostly M38 but some MB stuff. We made a deal on a mostly complete but apart MB motor and I also got some more 2A wheels. When I went back the next weekend with my truck to pick it all up he threw in another transfer case and a nice crank and cam (gear drive stuff) and some assorted bits and pieces all for a pretty reasonable price!
    Attached Images Attached Images

One can never have too many Jeep parts. If you can't use them, then they will make good trading material for what you do need. Well done Sir.

Nice parts Mike! Like gm said, you can't have too many parts.

Nice collection

"We made a deal ... he threw in another "

NOW, That's the way you do it. The pieces and parts look pretty nice from the outside - you did good as a startup Jeep scrounger!

I got the MB block torn down and took it to the machine shop the other day. I already knew it had a couple cracks in it. One in a valve seat and another between a head bolt and water passage. I was happy to find out they felt confident that they could pin them so that’s good news! They only do head work at that shop so once I get it back from them I have to take it to another shop for the rest of the work.

In the mean time I slapped the ‘49 motor on the stand to assess and clean up. It seems to be standard bore. I may try to hone it and buy some stock pistons/ rings and see if it will run?
    Last edited by Mike P; 03-19-2023 at 10:23 PM.

I also spent a little time last week cleaning up and rebuilding the carb I got with the ‘46 parts. I was pretty pleased to find out that most of it is wartime according to the markings on it.

(Dang sideways pics!!)
    Attached Images Attached Images