Thread: CJ3B Windshield Parts

CJ3B Windshield Parts

Hello,
    Can't seem to find CJ3B windshield parts...
    681373 Retainer, door curtain, left, assembly. (Includes upper door hinge bracket, left)
    And the 681374 right as well.
    It is 20 1/2 inches long.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by jeeprisk; 12-13-2022 at 06:27 PM. Reason: adding tags

Some of the other guy's might jump in here but, I don't think I have seen those pieces. I would call a place like The Jeep Hut or some of the other places that make replacement panels and pieces for the early CJ's. You could even give MD Juan a call or email. Also you never know what they can come up with if you give KW a call. They have sources on a lot of things. They might be able to ship you what you need. No matter what you find I am sure it will need a little TLC to get it to fit.

https://thejeephut.com/cj2a-cj3a-cj3b-body-parts/

https://mdjuan.com.ph/product-catego...d-accessories/

also, the aftermarket windshield clamp doesn't fit my original windshield frame.
    it's too large, but a perfect fit for the MD Juan repro, but I don't want to drill larger holes to allow the left/right slop needed to bolt them on.
    just seems the aftermarket repro folks don't get their hands on original equipment to reverse engineer the specs.
    they may be the same ones building the repro tubs/kits...

fighting the weatherstrip windshield to cowl as well. the one claiming to be for the CJ3B is not a quality item.
    The pre-drilled holes are not centered and some of the holes were too deep, and the screws broke through, no I did not overtighten.

The 671045 weatherstrip from Walck's worked much better and much better quality than the other.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My serial number shows this as a 1961 CJ3B, but I can't confirm if the windshield is not earlier.
    thanks

The repro parts are at the mercy of the part the reverse engineer started with. A lot of the stuff from the Philippines has been reverse engineered from vehicles left behind by the U.S. Military and others. The Jeeps they had left behind could have had parts made from many sources. You really don't know how close it will be to what you have. Myself and a lot of guys search long and hard for NOS parts. They are getting fewer and fewer. There are a few places making those windshield clamps. You may want to shop around and give a few of them a call or email and get the dimension on those screw holes.