Thread: Kaiser jeep here any knowledge will Help

Kaiser jeep here any knowledge will Help

Okay so im trying to identify what kind of Kaiser/willys jeep that was in the middle of restoration. These are the details I have gotten from looking over the jeep that I think will be helpful in identifying it.

Upon opening the hood there is a plate stamped with Kaiser jeep corporation from Toledo, OH. Serial code 8305 170854: its located on drivers side

The model is believed to be a CJ2A series after my own research- there are features that also could make me incorrect which i will now list what ive observed on it...
    1st thing is It’s fully enclosed with hard cover

FEATURES
    -Bottom hinged drop down windsheild with top mounted wipers
    -passenger rear spare tower mount
    -drop down tailgate that is held up by metal pins on metal chains
    -seperatebdriver and passenger seat
    -hinged tow bar and winch;front mounted
    -step side on driver and passenger side
    -believed to be L134 Go Devil engine
    -currently sitting on 225/70R15 tires
    -flush mounted round approx 10in headlights
    Dimensions of body approximately
    *Bumper to bumper L:127″
    windsheild with frame edge to edge is W:59″
    windsheild with frame height is 20″
    *ground to center front fender approximately
    I dont know if Odometer will be of any help in however i domt know so here : 71532.82

This was a project of a family member who suddenly passed away, which is why I don’t know the exact model and year. I am needing to remove the jeep from its current location and am ultimately hoping that somebody here will be in search of a project 🙏

It sounds like a 2A but, some pictures would be helpful Jollyrancher. You may want to put what you have up on the https://willysforsale.com/ site.

"Upon opening the hood there is a plate stamped with Kaiser jeep corporation from Toledo, OH. Serial code 8305 170854: its located on drivers side"

Most CJ2A's would have had a serial plate on the passenger side fire wall. Another number plate might have been on the frame horn behind the front bumper - but those seldom survive.

The "8305 170854" does not look like a typical CJ2A number, but it is not at all unusual to find Jeeps with odd plates - especially if someone has done a tub swap or a swap for convenience to get a title.

The hard top, tow bar and winch are after market add-ons. The L-134 (flathead) was a CJ2A engine through all production.

Pictures would help.

Good Luck - keep us informed, we're curious now.

Welcome Jollyrancher,

As Bmorgil and Larrbeard stated, photos would help immensely in determining what exactly you have. From the serial number from the Kaiser Jeep tag, you have a tag off of a CJ5. The first part of the number provided is the model number, 8305 =CJ5. The serial number puts the build date of April of 1964. Again, the tag could have been swapped to a 2A for any number of reasons. The enclosed photos are of our 2A, and the second is of a military version of the CJ5. The windshield hinges statement has me really leaning towards your Jeep being a CJ5. A 2A would have pivot arms on the windshield, and not a hinge like a '5.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank you everyone so far for the input, it really is a help, I will need to go get photos here this weekend, I somehow didn't take photos when measuring/looking it over, I do however have this one photo of the stamped plate currently. Gmwilly; the Rounded rear with squared front fender of this is a match, the military '5 photo has the same windsheild hinge posts in the corners. But I will get photos, Stay tuned! Thanks again
    Attached Images Attached Images