Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gearbox synchro Woes!

Keep us advised. I'm very curious to know what isn't quite falling into place.

No worries, i still feel its something that i have done that i have missed to be honest.

It looks like i will be taking a trip up to the dealer to see what we can work out.!

For sure there stevegully, I think your dilemma has everyone baffled. These trannys are about as simple as they get.

gear difference.jpg

Good evening, All,

Ok I have had a conversation with the dealer that sold me all the parts, all of the parts he has on the shelve have the same problem!

I must stress that he is a puzzled as me and he has been extremely helpful, so no complaints about his service or follow up care.

However, I took a close look at the gear today and with a straight edge i think the attached photo shows the problem.

Luckly enough I do have access to a workshop that has the capabilities to “shave” off the difference and then it should fit.

We got there i believe!

Steve, the old collar looks like it is in great shape just dirty. If it will clean up and isn't worn, I would just use it.

some of the teeth are pitted, i did think of that, but decided not to!